Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2011 RG I recently noticed a rattle that sounds like it's in the fairing. Its a dull noise and seemed to change with my hand pushing slightly on it. The noise seems to be in the area of the right glove box. Are there brackets in there like the E-Glide ones that use to break. Going to try to get into it over the weekend and just wondering if anyone else had this happen and what they may have found. Thanks

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Check the fasteners on the Fairing bracket before getting in there. It could be a number of things inside but I'd check outside 1st.

Reactions: hawwk

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
On my 2011 RG I recently noticed a rattle that sounds like it's in the fairing. Its a dull noise and seemed to change with my hand pushing slightly on it. The noise seems to be in the area of the right glove box. Are there brackets in there like the E-Glide ones that use to break. Going to try to get into it over the weekend and just wondering if anyone else had this happen and what they may have found. Thanks
Just the brackets that attach with the front TS studs and then the four point box bracket on the front of the frame. You can check the nuts on the TS studs just bly looking on the fairing tunnel beside where the forks come through. And you can check the bracket to frame bolts down in the tunnel too. The fairing to box bracket bolts can't be accessed till you split the outer off.

Lots of stuff in there that could flop around and rattle.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Fairing rattle

Check inside glove box. With the crap I had in mine it rattled once in a while. Cut a micro-fiber rag to fit, no more rattle..

Reactions: hawwk

·
Registered
176 Posts
Speaker mounts

I had a clunking in mine more than a rattle and the speaker mounts had broken off one side of the inner fairing.
Those would be the ones where the screws securing speaker go into the small towers molded on the inner fairing.
Not common I know but one of my speakers was hanging loose off one or two that were left.
Like mentioned, lots of stuff inside the fairing cap.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the rattle I thought was in the fairing. It is the windshield. I notice was side there seems to be some thick foam sticking out not allowing the rear screw on the left side to sit properly. Is there suppose to be foam in between the windshield and fairing or does it sit against the rubber washers?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Check inside glove box. With the crap I had in mine it rattled once in a while. Cut a micro-fiber rag to fit, no more rattle..
That's funny because for a about a week I thought something, maybe one of my amps or crossovers, was loose in the fairing and it must be on the left side because it would only rattle with the bars turned left. Took the fairing off and couldn't find shit. Opened my glove box and my USB cig lighter adapter was the only thing in there. All I could do is laugh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts