Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 RG and am getting a rattle at idle when I pull in on the front brake lever,only happens at a complete stop. Any i deas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have a 2013 RG and am getting a rattle at idle when I pull in on the front brake lever,only happens at a complete stop. Any i deas would be appreciated.
Use your hand or a rubber mallet and start tapping stuff to see if it rattles. I would start with the front fender then to the fairing since it only happens when you clamp the front break.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
Did it just start, did you replace the handle bars, ect.? I always get a rattle when applying front brakes at idle, that's a common thing. Does it stop when you release the lever? If it were my bike I won't be tapping anything with a rubber mallet, especially the front fender or fairing!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Did it just start, did you replace the handle bars, ect.? I always get a rattle when applying front brakes at idle, that's a common thing. Does it stop when you release the lever? If it were my bike I won't be tapping anything with a rubber mallet, especially the front fender or fairing!
The word was tap not hammer.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Also check the shifter rod if it's the stock one with the $h!tty lil ball and socket thingys. I had a rattle that took me forever to find but it wound up being the shifter rod. I replaced the ends with a set of heim joints and the rattle was gone

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as a matter of fact i did just do a bar swap, and didn't notice it after i completed the swap. It has been about 6 months since the swap and just started noticing it when applying the front brake. it goes away when i let off the brake lever. What did you find with yours?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts