Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Morning gents, I wanted to share on here as I remembered reading about this on hdforums (dyna page)... I sent off my crash bar, dash and strut covers for pc and I鈥檒l admit, I didn鈥檛 want to tear apart the lights. Yea. Sue me 馃ぃ.

So I picked up rustoleum appliance epoxy spray as a guy used this on his dyna with it still holding up well (gloss finish too) after 3 years and counting. The key is super light coats over and over again every 5 min or so.

I know it鈥檚 lazy, but I draped a 9x12 plastic drop cloth over the bike, cut holes to expose the lights and taped her off. After prep, this stuff really seemed to go on well. The finish is nice and glossy with just a very slight bit of orange peel but you have to basically have your nose touching to see it. Frankly if joe shmo can see it, he鈥檚 too close! Cheers

Attachments

Registered
i did the same to my front and rear turn sig. and hwy. peg brackets but with bbq black flat black rattle can. couldn't see takin all this off for powder. been two yrs still look great. also rattle caned my ez pass and put it on dash behind windshield and you don't see it unless you look hard.

Registered
Nice!! I have been going through using plasti dip to decide if I like the look or not of something blacked out, I do like the idea now I can just black em out with rattle can, now I am going to have to do some research on flat black........ eh work can wait I need to look things up.

Registered
Morning gents, I wanted to share on here as I remembered reading about this on hdforums (dyna page)... I sent off my crash bar, dash and strut covers for pc and I鈥檒l admit, I didn鈥檛 want to tear apart the lights. Yea. Sue me 馃ぃ.

So I picksed up rustoleum appliance epoxy spray as a guy used this on his dyna with it still holding up well (gloss finish too) after 3 years and counting. The key is super light coats over and over again every 5 min or so.

I know it鈥檚 lazy, but I draped a 9x12 plastic drop cloth over the bike, cut holes to expose the lights and taped her off. After prep, this stuff really seemed to go on well. The finish is nice and glossy with just a very slight bit of orange peel but you have to basically have your nose touching to see it. Frankly if joe shmo can see it, he鈥檚 too close! Cheers
Came out good sir. That appliance spray is no joke, I used same stuff years ago when I got new appliances but couldn't get matching dishwasher so I sprayed it. Comes out great & is very durable, just make sure to have good ventilation when using that stuff

Registered
I don't want to spoil the mood here, but most Rustolium Epoxy sprays say for indoor use only. That means they have a low UV resistance. If it goes bad, look at the VHT frame and roll bar epoxy, it holds up better out in the open.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I don't want to spoil the mood here, but most Rustolium Epoxy sprays say for indoor use only. That means they have a low UV resistance. If it goes bad, look at the VHT frame and roll bar epoxy, it holds up better out in the open.
Good to know! I鈥檒l keep that stuff in mind thank ya sir

Registered

So I picked up rustoleum appliance epoxy spray as a guy used this on his dyna with it still holding up well (gloss finish too) after 3 years and counting. The key is super light coats over and over again every 5 min or so.

I can't speak to the epoxy paint because I've never used it. The enamel, on the other hand, is fantastic. I discovered it a couple of years back, watching some videos of the paint being applied. Using a brush, they were able to get a mirror smooth finish. The trick is to make the paint very thin, and apply multiple coats, sanding in between. One of the videos I watched, the guy painted an entire car with a brush. I've been using it on wood. It comes out so nice, that you might even think its plastic. The enamel is rated for outdoors, so I imagine that it'll stand up to UV.

Registered
the rustolium for outdoor patio furniture has good u/v resistance, there is another product i found while workin on boats over the years, it's rust converter, now made by locktite, it's called "extend" spray or brush on. if you have lite flash rust just spray it or brush it on and it converts the rust to tinium and seals it with a polymer coating, did a pair of headers with it when i lived in so. cal, and they lasted yrs with no more rust. heat didn't bother the stuff either, now in texas i use it to cover rust on my smoker and my ratrod ford p/u.

Attachments

Registered

the rustolium for outdoor patio furniture has good u/v resistance, there is another product i found while workin on boats over the years, it's rust converter, now made by locktite, it's called "extend" spray or brush on. if you have lite flash rust just spray it or brush it on and it converts the rust to tinium and seals it with a polymer coating, did a pair of headers with it when i lived in so. cal, and they lasted yrs with no more rust. heat didn't bother the stuff either, now in texas i use it to cover rust on my smoker and my ratrod ford p/u.
Good info, I鈥檇 like to see a pic of that ratrod

Registered
Snarley, is the gal the beer getter? :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts