Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I gotta say, this place intrigues me and looks to be my next "Come on South East Road Gliders" weekend meet.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/28580

My awesome bride came across this place yesterday and said "what a cool looking place to ride to." Its in extreme NW Alabama.

What say y'all? It's about a 5.5 hour ride for me from West GA. Seems they're open Thurs - Sat but somewhere else said always open. If there's any interest here, I'll research a bit more and start putting something together.

Any of you northwest AL, southwest TN and/or northeast MS Roadgliders in the know feel free to hijack this!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This appears to be the official website:

http://rattlesnakesaloon.net/Saloon/Saloon_home.html

I guess it's part of the "Seven Springs Lodge". Restaurant is supposedly pretty decent for burgers and such. Website says they're open 1100 - 2200 (10PM) Thursday - Saturday and 1100-1500 (3PM) Sundays. Just looks like a cool destination. Might even hitch up the camper (Roadie always comes with) and set up at Joe Wheeler S.P. for a few days and hit this place on a Saturday evening.

Ya'll let me know!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Looks nice. Only one problem. Rules state only authorized vehicles and horses can be tied at hitching post. Translated I'm guessing motorcycles are not authorized. The two don't mix. Cool place but looks more oriented towards 4 legs than 2 wheels. I would call before I went.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll check that out but what I believe to be true is that you can park in their lot & hop on their pickup taxis or walk. Might be one of those things where me and the missus run point to check it out prior to making plans with the group.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I'm in!!!! I'll ride point with ya if you wanna go check it out!!!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in!!!! I'll ride point with ya if you wanna go check it out!!!
Hey DC-3, I'm thinking the earliest I could go is sometime over 4 July weekend, and that's shaky at best right now. We may have to plan for after Shark Week sometime. We're even thinking about hauling the camper & bike up to Pickwick Landing S.P. in TN for a long weekend so as to hit both Rattlesnake Saloon & Shiloh battlefield. We (about 200 of us) jumped in to an airfield in Corinth I think it was years ago for the school kids there & then toured the Shiloh battlefield for a day. Was pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I love to, but can't until after SWlll.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Newbie checking in and I want to go. I have ridden there before (before the road glide). I will try to post some pics when I can log in from a computer and not the phone. Got a trip in August but almost anytime in July is good.

·
Super Moderator
10,217 Posts
HHMM me be off Aug 17-25 HHMM

been a while since I been that away

good friend from the way back izza master wrench at Pat Fosters , which ahs been sold I believe and is now Natchez Trace HD I do believe

JtB

·
Registered
233 Posts
I might hook up with ya'll if it's in august, going to ky bike rally this month.

mike
2011 FLTRU
Southaven Ms

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, this probably won't happen until August - wx forecast is pretty grim in these parts over the 4 July weekend plus a lot of local riders will be headed to Shark week later this month. My August schedule is a moving target currently but hopefully can work it in. Hope y'all have a great 4th of July!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts