Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, 2011 RGU, just under 38k miles. Stock other than mufflers and plugs/wires. Went out for a ride today and when I got on it hard heard a rattling noise in 2nd and 3rd when the RPM's got up around 4k. Couldn't replicate it when not rolling, when in neutral or when at a stop with the clutch in it wasn't there. Didn't try taking it that high in 4th and didn't really notice in 1st. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
These types of noise can some times be hard to track down because they are hard to reproduce.I have a squeak at idle only while the front brake is applied think it in the exhaust system some where.Check all your heat shields first then all your floorboards or pegs could be something simple.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
How much of a load is on the bike when you hear it? Could it be detonation? How is your oil level/PSI?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much of a load is on the bike when you hear it? Could it be detonation? How is your oil level/PSI?
Oil level is good and PSI is good. It only happened when I was on it pretty hard, prob 3/4 throttle getting up to speed in a hurry. It did it two different times. Was talking to a buddy, this is only the third time I've had it out since November of last year. Might be old gas. I did fill it up today, I'm going to add some sea foam and run through the whole tank next chance I get to see if that might be the problem.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Sometimes the baffles rattle, specially in Vance & Hines mufflers. Nothing more annoying then rattles, I hope you figure it out without having to dig too deep

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
Sounds like you may have a spark knock situation, if you do it is in the tune.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts