Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am in the process of trying to order razor tour pak for my 2015 glide. The dealer is telling me that they don't make a mount for the razor tour pack for 2014 and newer touring bikes.

I have read that you can use the 2014 quick detach hardware for the bike and 2013 mount for the pak. Can anyone confirm before I order ?

Thanks,

Travis.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tell them to look on page 385 of HD catalog (at least that's the page inb the 2015 catalog).

More specific HD two-up tour pack mounting rack
Chrome. 53000221
Black. 53000459

You also need the docking hardware for a 14 or later
Chrome. 523000353
Black. 523000354

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply.

Have you used these numbers with the 2015 glide and razor tour pak ? Just want to be sure before I order and own these brackets !!

CHeers,

Travis.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
The detachable hardware for 2014 and later models changed from previous years- the hardware that is on the bike.

However, my understanding is that the '09-'13 style racks etc, will still fit on the newer style mounts, just like what you have read.

I also understand that there might be some clearance issues when opening the new style saddlebag lids with the older style tour pack, so some have needed to add a spacer of some sort to lift the tour pack so the lids will clear when opened.
First thing i would do, is find a friend (or ask dealer) with a 2009-2013 touring bike with detachable tour pack. See if it will fit on your bike. If it does, then you'll know you are good to go! but keep in mind the saddlebag lid clearance, as you may need to adjust for that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys guys.

Any pictures of new bikes with the new style chopped pack ? I really like the look of the razor pak and am mostly getting it for looks and a back rest for my wife.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Part numbers are right in their catalog, you would think that parts dept would be able to figure that out.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
There is a company that is making a 14 and up style razor tour pack. I have seen them on ebay. I don't know anything about them, just looked.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for all input.

I will be going ahead with the razor tour pak and with the 13 mount and the 14+ quick detach brackets for the bike itself. Sounds like this should all work and I will update with pictures. Harley is quoting 10 week delivery for the pak so should be just in time for the snow to be gone !!

I did consider the chopped pak but it just doesn't have the look that I'm after !

·
Registered
2 Posts
The numbers I gave you are straight out of the HD catalog and are for 14 - later touring including Road Glide. You do not need to order parts for a 13 model they have parts in the catalog for 14 - later touring.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The numbers I gave you are straight out of the HD catalog and are for 14 - later touring including Road Glide. You do not need to order parts for a 13 model they have parts in the catalog for 14 - later touring.
I don't disagree with you but all my research shows the 14 and newer brackets won't mount to a razor.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the replys guys.

Any pictures of new bikes with the new style chopped pack ? I really like the look of the razor pak and am mostly getting it for looks and a back rest for my wife.
I am running a 15' RG with the Chopped tour pak. IMO these are way better looking. Here is mine with the chopped.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,063 Posts

My 15 RG with Chopped Tour Pak

Great looking build there "maddmoe", you've done a lot in a relatively short period of time. If you haven't done so already, how about posting some pics up in the "Build" thread. We never get tired of looking at what others have done to their Roadies.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,063 Posts
I am running a 15' RG with the Chopped tour pak. IMO these are way better looking. Here is mine with the chopped.
+1 on the "Chopped" version. I also was going to buy the Razor but after using the chopped version for several years now, I'm glad I got it vs. the Razor. It's so much more useful and I don't think it gives up much at all (if anything) in the 'looks' dept. If you're going to shell out that kind of money, you might as well have something that looks good but also is a lot more useful. Razor is only appropriate if you work part time for a pizza shop doing deliveries! :wink:

Reactions: maddmoe

·
Registered
352 Posts
Great looking build there "maddmoe", you've done a lot in a relatively short period of time. If you haven't done so already, how about posting some pics up in the "Build" thread. We never get tired of looking at what others have done to their Roadies.
Thanks & im on the Build Thread already

1 - 19 of 19 Posts