Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have a Razor touring pak on their 2015+ RG or RGS? If so can you please post up some pictures. I am being told that a Razor pak will not work with the 4 point docking and rack for a 2014+ models. I know that's BS. My question is I want to buy a four point docking kit with a rack. I am being told that the lids will hit. Well by how much? 1/4" , 1/2". If that's the case I will raise the pack with a sub-straight to insure the lids don't hit. If someone has already done this please post up some information. I found this docking unit & rack on Amazon and I need to make sure it works before I order it up. If I need to order the HD vesion, the docking kit is $ 159.99 and the rack is $199.99 which I am willing to do, but if I can use the rack from Amazon and save some money, I'm all over it. Once again if someone can chim in on this one it would be a big help. I already have purchased the Razor pak but now I need to purchase the 4 point and the rack.
Thanks
Swomack

http://amzn.com/B01BSIUPGG

http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?cat_id=150&menu=Harley Saddlebags, Tour Pak&product_id=571&s=prod.php

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well after doing more research I found a great deal on the docking kit and rack on Amazon. Both are made for 2014+ Rushmore Touring Bikes so I should be good to go. Man I got to tell you I called three different Harley parts departments and you would have thought I was trying to go to the moon. Totally clueless. Once I receive everything and I know everything works I'll post up pictures and all the information.
Swomack

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well after doing more research I found a great deal on the docking kit and rack on Amazon. Both are made for 2014+ Rushmore Touring Bikes so I should be good to go. Man I got to tell you I called three different Harley parts departments and you would have thought I was trying to go to the moon. Totally clueless. Once I receive everything and I know everything works I'll post up pictures and all the information.
Swomack
Sounds GREAT Swomack! I can't wait to see it! I'm in the process of putting a razor on my '09. I was going to say that the razor should work.. If you can put on a King, why can't you put on a razor?? It's just shorter?!!?

-Gus

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sounds GREAT Swomack! I can't wait to see it! I'm in the process of putting a razor on my '09. I was going to say that the razor should work.. If you can put on a King, why can't you put on a razor?? It's just shorter?!!?

-Gus
That's what was pissing me off when I was asking simple questions to the parts department at 3 different dealers.
They were trying to get me to purchase a harley Davidson Chopped pak or a king pak. Nope not me, not for this bike. I have nothing against any of those paks but in this case IMO the Razor just looks bada$$ and it will still be better for my wife then just a sissy bar.

Here is the docking & rack i purchased today.
I got a better price when I called the owner of this company.
I paid $ 240.00 for the total set to my door including shipping.

I also got a great deal from Mutazu for the Razor.
Tina sold it to me for $395.00 shipped to my door.
$ 635.00 total for the Razor, Docking Kit & rack.

Hell just the docking & rack from Harley was going to be $ 392.37 including tax.
I paid $ 635.00 total for everything.

A great deal for sure.

Amazon.com: Wisdom Motorcycle Tour Pak Luggage Rack and 4 Point Docking Hardware for Harley Davidson Touring Models 2014 and Up: Automotive

http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?cat_id=150&menu=Harley Saddlebags, Tour Pak&product_id=571&s=prod.php

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Sounds like you got a good deal, post up the pics when completed. All the dealers want is to sell us their stuff, "you can't use those parts they won't fit". Does that sound familiar.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I was going to say that the razor should work.. If you can put on a King, why can't you put on a razor?? It's just shorter?!!?

-Gus
I was just thinking the same thing.......at the end of the day the Mutazu is a good piece......you'll be very happy with it and tell your wife you spent all that dough just to make her more comfortable!

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think the reason the dealers are telling you it won't work is two fold. 1st, I think the bottom of the razor paks are different as to where the ribs are, and 2, they don't ever believe in modifying anything to make it work. IIRC, the razor needed a spacer that came with the pak when it was used on the 09-13 racks. If the dealership has never seen one made to work in person, they all seem to think that it won't work because their computers tell them only what specific years things fit on. Most of them don't think outside the box to make stuff fit & work.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It should go right on with this rack. I am a fabricator so trust me, I will get it to work even if it needs a little help. The height of the side panels on the removable rack were designed for the extra height needed so if should go on without needing a spacer. If a spacer is needed I will make a template and get to it. It would be a very easy home mod at best. Guess we will see soon enough. As far as the dealers go, I agree if it's not In front of them on the computer they become clueless. Not all dealerships but I guess I ran into three in a row.
Swomack

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've read other threads stating they used 1/4 strap as a spacer for the pre 14 tp on 14+ bikes. Don't recall for if for razor or king.
Yep
It doesn't matter which pack you go with was my point.
If the racks side panels are designed properly the lids won't hit.
It doesn't matter how tall the pak is. When I was talking to the dealer about that, they couldn't understand what I was talking about, REALLY.
LOL
Swomack

·
Registered
260 Posts
I am interested in the pics when you get these done. I would like to pick up the Chopped Pack. I was trying to decide between the Chopped and the Razor. It will be nice to see one on your 15FLTRXS to give me a good perspective. Thanks for keeping us posted.

A friend is looking at getting one of the lower tour packs as well. His is for a 15 CVO-SG. Once he saw the price for the HD chopped tour pack in matching CVO paint he decided the pack would not need to match the bike. For his sake, it might be nice to hear your opinion of the Mutazu tour pack quality as well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have nothing against any of those paks but in this case IMO the Razor just looks bada$$ and it will still be better for my wife then just a sissy bar.
I agree - I love how the Razor looks, too. I saw it on a gorgeous, customized Road Glide last night at a street party.

Are you gonna have it painted to match your bike - or will it be on so infrequently that you don't care? I would love to get one for my bike, but the cost of everything, including having it painted to match my bike is pretty steep.

Can't wait to see how your setup turns out!
BLESSINGS!
Sam

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree - I love how the Razor looks, too. I saw it on a gorgeous, customized Road Glide last night at a street party.

Are you gonna have it painted to match your bike - or will it be on so infrequently that you don't care? I would love to get one for my bike, but the cost of everything, including having it painted to match my bike is pretty steep.

Can't wait to see how your setup turns out!
BLESSINGS!
Sam
The premium Razor that I purchased has the better hardware and is already painted vivid black. I will let everybody know how the paint is on this pak. Once again I should have everything by this Saturday. I hate waiting on the Fed Ex Truck.

Swomack

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Can't wait to see how it works out and how it looks on my RGS.
Swomack

I already KNOW how it's gonna look........BADASS. Maybe I'm just getting old...but I almost think it completes the bike. Yes, there are times when I prefer it without...at least I used to.....it's funny, when I set my bike up with a king tour pak, I KNEW it would only be on for 2 up riding or trips....and the bike looked better without it. And I "kinda" figured it would be the same with the razor. But since I installed it....I haven't taken it off. And I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I guess I like the look of the bike as much with it on as I do with it off!

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I already KNOW how it's gonna look........BADASS. Maybe I'm just getting old...but I almost think it completes the bike. Yes, there are times when I prefer it without...at least I used to.....it's funny, when I set my bike up with a king tour pak, I KNEW it would only be on for 2 up riding or trips....and the bike looked better without it. And I "kinda" figured it would be the same with the razor. But since I installed it....I haven't taken it off. And I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I guess I like the look of the bike as much with it on as I do with it off!
Well after looking at your bike and a few others I can say I really like the looks of the Razor. On my RGS it should be a great added feature and should look as good as the rest of these bikes for sure. My wife will dig it as well verse a sissy bar setup. I totally agree with your statement, if it looks good just keep it on. It will be great to have the two options. Solo look or Razor look. We need to plan a ride and talk about your vinyl job. I haven't forgotten.
Swomack

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Well after looking at your bike and a few others I can say I really like the looks of the Razor. On my RGS it should be a great added feature and should look as good as the rest of these bikes for sure. My wife will dig it as well verse a sissy bar setup. I totally agree with your statement, if it looks good just keep it on. It will be great to have the two options. Solo look or Razor look. We need to plan a ride and talk about your vinyl job. I haven't forgotten.
Swomack
Right on, I appreciate that...this weekend and next are a no go but check your schedule and let me know when you're available after that!

·
Registered
132 Posts
The premium Razor that I purchased has the better hardware and is already painted vivid black. I will let everybody know how the paint is on this pak. Once again I should have everything by this Saturday. I hate waiting on the Fed Ex Truck.

Swomack
I hate waiting, too. But lookie what the UPS man done and brought me today! I ordered this stuff over a week ago, and just got it. It was worth the wait though. Found these at Harley-Davidson® Parts and Accessories for $329.06 for the lights, and $82.23 for the mounting kit. Free shipping, too. Best price I was able to find for these.

Have you thought about installing a sub-woofer in your Razor when you get it?

BLESSINGS!
Sam

Attachments

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well Fed Ex just delivered the rack and docking kit.
Show chrome quality and it installed in a breeze.
I only paid $240.00 shipped to my door.
Very happy with what I received.
Touring pack will be in tomorrow so I'll finish the install tomorrow. I had a box laying in my garage and placed it on the rack. Looks like this rack is going to be perfect without my lids hitting or having to raise up the Razor pak.
Swomack

·
Registered
973 Posts
How much stuff can you actually fit in the razor pak? Not being a smartass, I'm just curious. I use a king tour pak, and I know how much crap I can stuff in it.

Thanks
Lil Chief

1 - 20 of 42 Posts