Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had a good experience with these cats? Ordered an lsr 2-1 coming up on 8 weeks now, wont answer emails and i think im gonna call and cancel my order tomorrow.

·
Registered
449 Posts
They did answer an email I sent regarding some info I was looking for...but I never placed an order....however, my research has shown that he (the owner) is like the "the soup nazi" on the Seinfeld show...you will get your exhaust when "he" says you will...don't expect them to jump when you think they should, cause it ain't gonna happen...but I must say that I have yet to read anything negative about their products.and the results people expected.

Keep in mind his pipes are made to order...he does not have a warehouse full of stock. At least that is what they told me.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I have heard the same: Don't call asking when when when. It will just piss him off and take longer. 8 weeks or longer is about right.

Those that have his pipes LOVE them.

Good luck and post pictures when you receive.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I had a C style RB pro stock on a softail once, only took about a month to get it.

Fit and finish was great, and I really like their gaskets and nuts.. ORDER EXTRA.

Lynn was the lady that answered the phone out there when I bought mine several years ago.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
So you're going to call them to cancel your order, but you haven't call to see what was going on with your exhaust!! Yes, I know you emailed. Give a try with the old school phone. Good luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did call and cancel, I just got irritated kinda felt like I was begging them to take my money. I hear ya hillglide but I think email shoulda been sufficient and no response what so ever tends to piss me off.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I did call and cancel, I just got irritated kinda felt like I was begging them to take my money. I hear ya hillglide but I think email shoulda been sufficient and no response what so ever tends to piss me off.
Good for you... there are to many other great companies to spend your hard dough on. I've never dealt with them myself. But that many weeks with no communication is no bueno. I applaud your actions. Let us know what pipe you decide on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks,z-shark. I ordered a thunderheader from phat performance,cheapest I found them gonna go chrome exhaust with black heat shields,hopefully it will look decent with that combo.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I'm on my 4th set of RB pipes. People are always asking me about them and I wouldn't keep putting them on my bikes if I didn't think they were worth it. I've had to wait as little as 3 weeks but I've also waited 4 months. Be patient, it's worth it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
RB Racing VS Thunder header???

WELLL

I personally have seen SEVERAL rb racing pipes over 100k miles...

I have owned 2 thunderheaders that rusted, cracked and vibrated apart in less than 30k miles

Power...
I have seen 3 bikes go from thunderheader to rb racing pro pipes and 2 that went from thunderheader to pro stock spyders.

EVERY one gained top end, Most gained mid range, 2 lost bottom end, ALL of them lost that DIP the thunderheader is famous for in the midrange.

I really like the Thunderheader, HOWEVER I like the RB Racing pipe MORE!:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had their LSR exhaust on my '08 Street Glide.
Awesome product that made great power on the Dyno.
They take longer because they hand make one at a time.
They are a small outfit that mainly does racing exhaust.
Worth the wait for a good product but you need to call and not email them.
I went with a quieter exhaust this time or I would have bought from them again.

·
Registered
198 Posts
RB Racing Pipe

I have one on my little built Dyna motor. I had a early Basanni road rage on for a few years and although it made good power, I hated the pipe because it was so loud and I was deaf for about a day after riding it without earplugs.
It took me about 3 months to receive the RB pipe and the fit and finish is second to none. It also makes great power and has a resonance that puts the Basanni to shame...It was well worth the wait and I will buy another one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm on my 3rd set of exhaut through rb racing all on different bikes.
I have learned to place my order in the winter during the down time,
just sit and wait it will come they wont take your money till it's ready to ship.
3monhs on my last set before i got a email saying they were ready.
It was worth the wait.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts