Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rc Components Rc X-celerator closed loop fuel management system seems like it might be a good thing. Does anybody have experience w/ this device? pro's ,con's? Just curious as I am looking at tuners and leaning toward power vision. This looks like maybe more my speed tho. Less guess work maybe? Any thoughts or comments appreciated.
Thanx.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I saw the same and was thinking of getting this too. Seems the easiest and you can get one , then install air cleaner and no adjustment needed-it does everything. Is this one too good to be true?

·
Registered
564 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Subscribed too...I just saw this unit and I was wondering if the automatic part is a good or a bad thing.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Subscribed

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I understand after a lot of research . I could be wrong. It sounds like a whole lot of a good tune boils down to timing. As I understand it, if you don't find a map to start w/ that has proper timing you will need to dyno anyway. These auto tuners only adjust air fuel mixture. They do nothing for timing. Any other input to help educate would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just had this installed at bike week in Daytona and have about 300 miles on it already. Absolutely love it. Now I have stock pipes and air filter and I felt Immediate throttle response and powewr. Bike seems to ride a lot smoother and cooler. Gas mileage around 38 on highway havent checked city yet. I got this because I plan to add pipes and air and dont want to mess with dyno or computers. I would recommend this to anyone and paid 350 installed. The people at power commander wanted 720 installed without an auto tuner!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for the info Blueglide! My bike is stock right now and looking to cool her down while I make my mind up on which direction I'm gonna go as far as exhaust etc... Good to hear some positive information
Thanks!
Scott

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
It seems like it's very similar to the Cobra FI2000. I have a buddy that has the cobra on his Triglide and loves. If it's anything similar I'm sure it will yield good results, but still at a fraction of what cobra wants. Have located one on ebay for the tuen of about $300.00. I will being giving this a shot once I get enough coin for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I installed mine a few months ago and all i could say that its working out great the bike is running great , idles good i have rineharts true duals with big sucker air filter. It was super easy to install and no dyno needed..m2c

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The no-touch auto tuners do a decent job if you do nothing to your bike that requires a different ignition timing curve, such as compression changes or some cam designs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts