Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an iron aces mount that came with "Simple Polywire" hookup for an iphone and hooks in to the power and then to the stereo via RCA jacks. Are there RCA jacks in the back of the Harmon Kardon?

Does anyone have this hooked up? If so could you tell me where you hooked the power wires to? Also, do I need to plug the iphone to the iphone jack to charge and the 3.5mm jack to the stereo to hear it?

Drew

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
Think it will work with either the AUX port OR RCA maybe to accommodate different application (kinda universal)

Looks like it pulls power from the under seat plug, has the 30-pin iPhone connector for phone output and either 3.5mm jack or RCAs for radio input :confused:

Hardwire Kit Features

CD-quality music from your iPhone / iPod
Browse your music directly from the iPhone / iPod
Battery charging iPhone / iPod models
3.5mm audio cable for connection into the front input of your Harley-Davidson factory stereo system
Allows you to control volume through the bikes hand controls
*The iSimple IS75 Polywire iPhone/iPod Hardwire Kit requires the separate purchase of a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter for use with iPhone 5, iPod Shuffle or other Apple devices that utilize the new Lightning Connector.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
No RCAs on the HK.

Iron Cross Audio will install f/r pre amp outs in your HK that are female RCAs

I don't know why the unit that you pictured would have RCAs in one end unless you could plug directly into an amp? I would be curious to hear what the manufacturer says they are for.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I used this with my iron aces mount.

the gray connector connects to the accessory plug under your seat. the two jacks on that end I don't use for anything although I guess I could peek them out from under my seat for headphones.?

the 30 pin iphone connector goes in the phone up on the mount and the "L" shaped jack plugs into the aux port on the front of the radio.

looks like this when all plugged in (minus the garmin)

·
Registered
82 Posts
No RCAs on the HK.

Iron Cross Audio will install f/r pre amp outs in your HK that are female RCAs

I don't know why the unit that you pictured would have RCAs in one end unless you could plug directly into an amp? I would be curious to hear what the manufacturer says they are for.

ICA can also install an iPod charge and play cable that will eliminate the need to plug into the front aux

·
Registered
146 Posts
I also used the isimple interface on my '12 RGC. I added an aux port out the back of the head unit and used the minijack connector of the isimple cable. I cut the RCA jacks right off it - no need for the extra wire. And as others have said, it does keep your iphone charged while you are using it. Don't forget to turn off "shake to shuffle" on your iphone.
I even purchased a second isimple cable & put it in my Ford Expedition.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Drew I have this on my 09. Hog Pro is the wheel shop in Canoga Park correct. If that your place and you will be there on Monday (9-23)I have the day off and would be happy to stop by if you haven't got this worked out by then.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts