Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im hooking up an amp to factory 2005 radio the amp came with rca to line level adapters. How do i hook the wireing up.rca left pos & neg same with right speaker leads then splice wires to go to the amp? any help would be greatly app.

·
Registered
206 Posts
im hooking up an amp to factory 2005 radio the amp came with rca to line level adapters. How do i hook the wireing up.rca left pos & neg same with right speaker leads then splice wires to go to the amp? any help would be greatly app.
I'm not quite sure if you mean the amp came with a separate device to convert the speaker output from the radio from line level to RCA or if the amp simply has both rca and line level inputs. If you have a stand alone converter you splice the speaker outputs (positive and negative) to the converter and then use the RCA plugs to patch from the converter to the amp.
There would never be a situation where you would want to splice the RCA plugs directly to the speaker output from the radio and then into the amp; these are two different inputs and are not the same.
If you do not have a stand alone converter and your amp has line level input you splice the speaker outputs to the line level in at your amp or you can use a converter as mentioned above to get to rca type plugs. Usually the sound output is better from the RCA low level but I don't know if anyone could really tell the difference with so much road noise at highway speed.

·
Registered
324 Posts
You can simply use the line level inputs on the amp, left speaker to left input in and so on for the right side. then the out puts go to the proper speaker sides

1 - 4 of 4 Posts