Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone used them? Where you happy with it?
I'm looking for something for 2017 rgs . So not many are out yet .
unfortunately I'm not very patient.lol
I've found three so far. two brothers, Rcx, an of course screaming eagle but there not the sound i want.
I had Rinehart 4" an like them before on my other bike.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Not heard the RCX on the new motor but based on the older mufflers they do make a quality product.

·
Registered
927 Posts
What looks and sounds good to me, might not hold true for you. I've got a set of 3" RCXs (from my traded bike) sitting on my bench. To my ear, at idle they seem deeper and throatier, and only a little louder than stock. Open 'em up, and they have more of a rumble than a bark. You're not going to set off any car alarms with them. They're not tinny and they don't have that raspy, crackling kind of sound. To be fair, they were on the stock catted head pipe. Plans are to buy either a fullsac DX, or Jackpot 2-1-2 (can't make up my mind) and slap the RCXs on. If they're too loud, plan B is to sell the RCXs and get a set of CVO pipes.

If you just can't stand the stock pipes, slap on some RCXs. If you don't like them, no biggy; sell them and put the money towards the Rineharts you like when they're available.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Have anyone used them? Where you happy with it?
I'm looking for something for 2017 rgs . So not many are out yet .
unfortunately I'm not very patient.lol
I've found three so far. two brothers, Rcx, an of course screaming eagle but there not the sound i want.
I had Rinehart 4" an like them before on my other bike.
While we have yet to sell a set of the RCX Slip-ons to go on a 2017 yet due 4 week back log on these particular model years, we've had the good fortune of selling lots of these for '16 & older models and we've received lots of great feedback on them. Because of this, I'm confident you'd be very happy with these should you decide to go that route.

If you're wanting something immediately, it is worth noting that Rinehart announced today that their 2017 slip-ons are now available and ready to ship.

Hope this helps!

Lindsey :0)

·
Registered
520 Posts
I had them and they blew up my ears. Have tinnitus to this day because of them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have the 4.5's on my 16RGU. With the stock pipes, they sounded nice and deep - not too loud.

With the Fuel Moto 2-1-2, boy did they wake up. A bit louder at idle, but very loud on hard acceleration. I did set off a car alarm riding through the Best Buy parking lot last weekend, so that may give you some idea....

On the highway, they are acceptable up to about 65, maybe 70mpg. Over that they start sounding pretty loud on longer rides, but I'm getting used to them (or deaf). I ride two up quite a bit and the wife doesn't have any complaints. She does complain when I play movies and music loud, so I guess the frequency doesn't bother her.

I bought the 4.5's before I knew about exhaust gas velocity, etc. I've been told I have probably given up low end torque because of the 2.5 to 3" stepped baffle. I don't know if I really feel any loss or gain in low end with the these mufflers and the Jackpot pipes, but I will say the motor really starts to pull at 3K and above.

I"ve received MANY commend on how nice the bike sounds at idle and running on the road. At the moment I've content (that probably won't last long), but I do intend to do a TTS tuner in the next 2 weeks. I expect that will improve the overall performance nicely and will report back after a few Vtunes.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
177 Posts
At a Dealer yesterday who said V&H and others will have slips out by mid Oct, if not sooner
I was at my local Stealer today getting the little tab washer for the starter bolt.. Anyway, the V&H rep was in delivering one of the nicest looking '17 black/chrome slipon's I've seen.. Almost made me want to pick up a new one.. But almost.. I love my 96"

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I have the RCX exhaust, bought them at Bikeweek. I got a chance to listen to several. The RCX were in my top 3, price and lifetime warranty were what sealed the deal.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Put them on my 2012 after the first 1K miles and have had them on since then. 40K miles later they still look pretty good. No rust, nothing loose. I initially ran them with decatted headpipes then swapped out to V&H true duals. I like the sound and the look.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Got an email today from West End Motorsports (never bought from them) they have Rush and Rinehart 4" slip ons and V&H headers and cans for 17s.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the RCX exhaust, bought them at Bikeweek. I got a chance to listen to several. The RCX were in my top 3, price and lifetime warranty were what sealed the deal.
Could you expand on this a bit? What bike did you put the RCX on? 2017? What others were you able to listen to for comparison? Thoughts on each?

I see V&H has their stuff coming out now. I would like to find something with a deep, not tinny, not raspy sound and NOT lose my bottom end.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I put them on my 2016, but from what I see they make them for the new M8 also. I listened to Kerker, Vance & Hines, Cobra, Kury, and a few others. One advantage of going to a big event is you get to do a lot of comparisons. Of course sound is subjective and what I wanted was something deep and not too loud, but still with a little bark when I crack the throttle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts