Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Needs a lotta help and advise on re-mapping my bikes ECM to meet EU standards and take it back to original after technical inspection is completed. But first for those that are interested in why I need to do this below is the nutshell story of how/why I am writing this post. Otherwise jump straight to my questions.

On the 11th September I started my Euro Odyssey ride, riding from League City TX to Vancouver BC which took five days. Stayed in Vancouver 4 days for servicing of the bike and flew myself and bike to Frankfurt Germany on 21 September. Rode from Frankfurt through Austria, Hungary and Romania into Bulgaria to Varna where I have a small house and keeping the bike. I have to do a full import of the bike because I will keep the bike in Europe longer than allowed using the temporary import options for motorcycles in EU countries. Part of the import is a technical inspection which may/will include some re/de-tuning of the bike to meet EU standards. The bike has run really sweet ever since I bought it from a guy in Arizona; where it was originally tuned by Las Vegas HD on their Dynojet machine.

Now here are my questions and advise part of the post;

1, I have the original SERT race tuner module that came along as part of the purchase as well the Dyno tune mapping (see below) sheet. Am I right in assuming that the SERT tuner will have been loaded with the Dyno setting from when the bike was originally tuned on the Dyno machine?

2, If the bike is re-tuned as part of the technical inspection, how do I re-map the ECM back to it original setting from when it was first on the Dyno machine?

3, I have a MacBook PC; what do I need to connect the PC and set up the SERT to the bike’s ECM for re-mapping. What software do I need and cable hardware etc… to make this work.

4, Finally a “How To” for re-mapping Step by step.

Bike info: Engine: stock CVO 110hp Exhaust: headed pipe Fullsac; stock mufflers with Fullsac baffles inserts

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Go to Harley dealer or HOG Varna/Sofia chapter and speak with the guys. I doubt that you need to do anything on the bike, it is more relaxed in EU Eastern part that you might think. Best advice, check locally and do not rush, find the right service to help you pass the checks and enjoy.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, that's what I thought as well but is not the case any longer.

The HD dealer in Sofia who will do the technical inspection as agreed that I will change the rear lights and speedo, he will supply the European mufflers ( the CATS inside these). Once I get the inspection and the paperwork I can put my original gear back on; hence the post about re-mapping just in case he teaks the EMC.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Contact Steve at Fullsac. He should be able to walk you through with reloading the map once the dealer is done with it. You'll need the SE software which was available online for download a few years back. You'll also need a dongle to connect your laptop to the bike's ecm.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I live in Europe (Madrid-Spain), although my wife is from Mansfield (Pennsylvania). Whenever we go to the US to visit fam or to go to an apartment we have in Satellite Beach (FL), I have to rent a Harley. I did route 1 and back on the 101 in CA. Anyway, I feel curious, how much did you have to pay for carrying your bike to EU in the plane? (I am thinking of bringing my RGU to US for a long trip coast-to-coast.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in Europe (Madrid-Spain), although my wife is from Mansfield (Pennsylvania). Whenever we go to the US to visit fam or to go to an apartment we have in Satellite Beach (FL), I have to rent a Harley. I did route 1 and back on the 101 in CA. Anyway, I feel curious, how much did you have to pay for carrying your bike to EU in the plane? (I am thinking of bringing my RGU to US for a long trip coast-to-coast.
I used Motorcycle Express (look on internet contact is Gail see link below) in US for organising the freighting by plane. It cost me about US$1100.00 (one way) but I had to get the bike to Canada. It is cheaper for bike freight if you travel on plane with the bike but you can send before for a few hundred dollars more. Only down side is going to Canada but I enjoyed riding from Texas to Vancouver so no real hardship.>:)

Why Airfreight?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts