Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing the exhaust on my Dyna, happy with setup on my Road Glide, and was wondering. Currently it has a SE heavy breather, dealer download and v&h slip ons with stock headers.

I am ditching the headers and slip ons and going with a the Rinehart chrome crossovers. Do you guys think it will be necessary to re tune?
Thanks for the input

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Changing the exhaust on my Dyna, happy with setup on my Road Glide, and was wondering. Currently it has a SE heavy breather, dealer download and v&h slip ons with stock headers.

I am ditching the headers and slip ons and going with a the Rinehart chrome crossovers. Do you guys think it will be necessary to re tune?
Thanks for the input

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yes, for sure.

You don't mention what year Dyna you have but, if she's a relatively recent year model that has an ECM, then you'll need to get some type of an after-market A/F ratio modification set-up at a minimum too. The stock ECM simply won't be able to cope by itself and she'll run so lean that it could result in engine damage.

Minimum choices include the ultra cheap resistive A/F ratio fudge type but personally, I would get at least a damn decent little piggy-back programmable type tuner like Fuel Moto sells. He includes a tailored program suited to your scoot and full support too.

In addition, if you're ever going to change cams just save spending $ twice. Go ahead and get a really good programmable tuner that can also adjust ignition settings too.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured.
The Wide Glide is a 2010. I have the FM Micro tuner on my RG, and it runs great, I have no plans for major engine mod's on that one, but this one is the toy so maybe I should go that route. Any recommendations? And where to purchase?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
That's what I figured.
The Wide Glide is a 2010. I have the FM Micro tuner on my RG, and it runs great, I have no plans for major engine mod's on that one, but this one is the toy so maybe I should go that route. Any recommendations? And where to purchase?
Yep. Use the same approach you did with your RG unless you do decide to go with cams too. Go to Jamie's Fuel Moto area here on RGF or click on his ad banner over on the left side of the screen. I bet he'll give you a forum discount too if you let him know you're a member and you can see what he thinks WRT cams at the same time.

BTW - I don't work for Jamie but he's so well respected, it's impossible to not recommend him (or the other sponsors too... it's just that Jamie has that modest tuner in-hand at his shop so it might be a good 1st stop anyway).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts