Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Road Glide Ultra
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Age unknown, but by the rust on them they are a few years old, anyway.

They seem very white to me, not really brown at all, which makes me think it's running lean.

Only mods to the bike far as I can tell is the exhaust.
Finger Nail Tints and shades Thumb Art
Hand Finger Thumb Wood Nail
Finger Wood Thumb Gas Nail
Gesture Finger Thumb Wood Gas
Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Automotive design Wood

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,524 Posts

They seem very white to me, not really brown at all, which makes me think it's running lean.

Only mods to the bike far as I can tell is the exhaust.
that rust isn't helping anything. get some fine grit sandpaper and clean them up—or better yet—replace them.
looks like it's been sitting awhile lol

·
Registered
2011 Road Glide Ultra
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
that rust isn't helping anything. get some fine grit sandpaper and clean them up—or better yet—replace them.
looks like it's been sitting awhile lol
I meant on the outside, not inside.

I replaced them already, just trying to figure out if there's an tunning issue or not.

·
Registered
2012 big blue pearl r.g. custom,chris rivas 574 cams. Rinehart extreme 4" RSD air cleaner barrnett c
500 Posts
They look a little lean you need to look down inside to tell what color they are actually needs to be a little more chocolate i think

Glenn

·
Premium Member
Bastardized 2011 FLTRU
203 Posts
If it’s a twin cam bike it’s really hard to tell anything, other than catastrophic failure, regarding a rich or lean condition. This is because the bikes fuel management system is constantly adjusting the air / fuel based on current conditions. Every modern gen HD bike I have owned (3 now) always shows a lean condition reading the plugs to include bone stock (no mods) to my current bike which has a full 2-into-1 exhaust, cams, high-flow intake, and a FP3 tune.

·
Registered
605 Posts

Only mods to the bike far as I can tell is the exhaust. View attachment 446330 View attachment 446331 View attachment 446332 View attachment 446333 View attachment 446334

YouThey look about perfect for EFI, I would check and re-gap if needed and run them; the electrodes are not worn much and still relatively square. Here is what mine looked like with cam and dyno tune (ThunderMax ECM) before changing to one heat range colder NGK Irridium plugs. The new EFI bikes run super clean if the motor is healthy. Some has been said that the M8 motors are set up lean from the factory which may be so, and I have seen plugs from completely stock M8s that have no real color to the insulator and only some white ash deposits on the side electrodes and insulators. Yours look like a nice light tan and to me perfect....
Hand Finger Household hardware Gas Thumb

·
Registered
9,553 Posts
I personally don't think that look all that bad. Maybe slightly lean but all these engine run a little on the lean side unless tuned differently. Throw a set of new plugs and run it. I wouldn't worry too much about it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts