Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Love the color.....hate the accents. The Tahitian Teal, not the one in the picture.

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Tahitian Teal also. I think that's either a color you love or you hate. I told a friend of mine I liked it and he looked at me like I was nuts.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm a big fan of the Tahitian Teal also. I think that's either a color you love or you hate. I told a friend of mine I liked it and he looked at me like I was nuts.

I think you are correct Teal does not seem to be a popular color with Harley ‘s. Though my first Harley was a 2001 Dyna Super Glide in a color that was called Real Teal. My next bike was a 2004 Road Glide in a color called luxury Teal. That’s the bike that is pictured at the beginning of this thread. I think I tend to like the colors that the majority does not like because as far as I can remember Teal was only offered for those two model years, 2001 and 2004, and now 2020.

When I first saw the Real Teal color I didn’t like it but I thought it was the best of the available colors for the 2001 Dyna, and since the Dyna was my first Harley it has special meaning for me. Ever since I rode my Yamaha past the Rock Store in the early 80s I dreamed of owning a Harley.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
When I hear teal I think of mid 90s "barbie" bikes and Teal Mustangs and Trucks.

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, probably why they only offered Teal two model years out of the last 18 years. I bought the Real Teal Dyna mainly because at the time they only offered it in black, dark red, dark blue, and teal. Teal was the brightest color out of the bunch. Originally I was going to get a 1200 Sportster as my first Harley but I thought it would be better to get a model with the full sized engine.

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
I think you are correct Teal does not seem to be a popular color with Harley ‘s. Though my first Harley was a 2001 Dyna Super Glide in a color that was called Real Teal. My next bike was a 2004 Road Glide in a color called luxury Teal. That’s the bike that is pictured at the beginning of this thread. I think I tend to like the colors that the majority does not like because as far as I can remember Teal was only offered for those two model years, 2001 and 2004, and now 2020.

I can't remember if it was 2001 or 2004 but they put out a two tone teal and white Road King Classic. Still one of my favorite color combinations, especially the way they did it on the RKC. Teal on top, white on the bottom.

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
I can't remember if it was 2001 or 2004 but they put out a two tone teal and white Road King Classic. Still one of my favorite color combinations, especially the way they did it on the RKC. Teal on top, white on the bottom.
I'll quote myself here: I looked it up. It was 2001

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll quote myself here: I looked it up. It was 2001

Yes I remember that bike. You were in a small group if you owned a Teal Harley. If you saw one in Real Teal it was 2001. If you saw one in Luxury Teal it was 2004.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That 04 is nicer

Don’t mean to sound too Zen, but the first time I test rode it I felt one with the bike. On the test ride I went a few hundred feet turned the bike back to the dealer and bought it. I liked my Dyna but had a hard time going long distances on it. When I first rode the 2004 Road Glide it just felt right. It’s hard to explain. The 2004 Road Glide and I have been from Los Angeles to Sturgis multiple times as well to Oregon, Houston Texas and the Harley Museum in Milwaukee.

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
I just went to the dealer. They had the demo truck there. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed in the teal. They had a heritage there in that color. It was darker and bluer than I thought it would be

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I agree. It looks a lot more blue than what’s posted on their website. Are you sure that’s Tahitian Teal?

They should have called it Tahitian Blue.

I just double checked their website and that is not the same color. I think Harley chickened out and went for blue instead of teal thinking the blue would be more popular.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just went to the dealer. They had the demo truck there. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed in the teal. They had a heritage there in that color. It was darker and bluer than I thought it would be

I agree. Don’t like it - only because I was expecting Teal not Tahitian Blue.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts