Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hope you all are starting to unthaw. Now that Spring is on its way it's time to think about planning those trips this summer. I don't know about you but I spend all winter getting ready for my summer trips.

I have put together two how to videos that I hope you enjoy and find useful.

The first one is on how to maximize space and get the most packed into your bags.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30th-s4rOf8

The second video is a list of a few items that I always have on me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LsXMZbVsDI

I hope that you can use the info in these.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Didn't watch the whole video but I'll add that spacesaver bags or even large Ziploc bags make it nice for smashing the air out of clothes to fit more in the bags.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Thanks Double0. That was a good video. I especially liked the rolling on the Tshirt at the end. I've used the rolling of the clothing along with zip lock bags technique.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Why would you pack stuff you may not use at all on your trip on top of things you need to get at once a day as he says??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Excellent videos and tips! Nicely done, and I agree, the t-shirt roll up tip is awesome, going to remember that one! Just subscribed to your channel. Keep the videos and tips coming!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Had a hard time watching a ten year kid with a tattoo tell me things I've known for forty years.....just sayin'
that 'kid' put together a vid that will help allot of new bikers. I've had a 2 wheeled motorized bike under me for over 50 years and I forgot about rolling my clothes and the tshirt bit was enlighting.. youre loosing perspective old man. just sayin'.

·
Registered
743 Posts
that 'kid' put together a vid that will help allot of new bikers. I've had a 2 wheeled motorized bike under me for over 50 years and I forgot about rolling my clothes and the tshirt bit was enlighting.. youre loosing perspective old man. just sayin'.
One never loses perspective. It just changes over time. :)

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
I just wish someone could give me some help on making my wife leave half her crap at home. Without causing me to lose half my crap as a result of the conversation. :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
On our first 4 day trip ever on a bike last year I pointed to a saddlebag and told my wife, "That's all the room you get, Make it work". Of course I did give up a chunk of the TP for common items like toothpaste, shampoo and other stuff.

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,122 Posts
Had a hard time watching a ten year old kid with a tattoo tell me things I've known for forty years.....just sayin'
Pretty negative post. It's great that you are so knowledgable after forty years. But it's even better that a "ten year kid with a tattoo" took the time to post something that might probably be helpful to some that are so less educated than you. What a bash. "just sayin..."

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Eric, thanks for posting the link to your videos...they are nicely edited, informative and high quality. I have utilized many of the techniques shown for packing over the years although I do have a different system for packing the left and right saddlebags and my tool kit features more items. Each rider develops their own style and preferences given the experiences during rides, I suppose but the packing of clothing by rolling is a must to maximize storage.

You are featured with a Road Glide Custom in some videos and an EG Ultra Limited in others. What is your preference or does that depend on whether riding two up or solo or the length of the trip?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Pretty negative post. It's great that you are so knowledgable after forty years. But it's even better that a "ten year kid with a tattoo" took the time to post something that might probably be helpful to some that are so less educated than you. What a bash. "just sayin..."

Yeah didn't really add much to the subject did it.
Sometimes i can be a real asshole....just sayin'

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
If you do laundry once every 4 - 5 days you can get by without overstuffed bags full of clothes. Clothing wise, don't take stuff you "may" need, you can always buy it on the road if it turns into a need. A couple pairs of jeans, several tee shirts and 5 days worth of undies can get you around the continent just fine. My wife has even learned to pack very light. The two of us get by just fine on 2+ week trips with the saddle bag liners, trunk liner, and a top bag on the trunk carrying stuff like rain gear, cameras, and sunscreen - stuff you may want during the day. Note: our camping equipment is priceline.com and the choice hotels website... :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
nice post, i learned a few good tips.

thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I thought it was a kid too and dam near spit out coffee when he said his wife's purse but just thought he might be hill folk, just kidding good videos learned most of those techniques in boot camp but sure they will help many pack better

1 - 20 of 22 Posts