Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 13 CVO RG, and it comes with the terrible round mirrors, and I am just not a fan. However, the lenth of the stem makes them perfect for seeing behind you. I get no shoulder in them and the height is good.

Alot of the aftermarket stuff, has a more "low profile' look to them, and im not sure if they will work good with the stock bars. Looking for someone with experience with aftermarket mirrors and stock bars to give me some input.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Not sure...

I'm not sure if the handlebars on my 11, RGC are the same height as 13, CVO or not but, I couldn't see anything but my shoulders with the stock mirrors so I got a pair of HD mirrors with the long stems and all is now good.

I can't believe the stock mirrors on a CVO are round. Whatsupitdat?

Good luck!

HSP

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I had some mirrors that matched my bars on teh bike when I brought it home. They were so small I could not see what was going on. I took them off and replaced them with RWD mirrors that are wide angle. These mirrors stock out further than my extremely wide bars and the wide angle always throws me off. It looks like the car is a mile back and it is 2 feet away. I need something different too. I want stock mirrors in chrome I think. They don't stick out too far and do the job well.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I love the two mirror "Split Vision" mirrors from HD. Still round in a way, but tall stem, nicely made, functional, and to me they look great. But what do I know, I own a RGlide AND a Madstad! One mirror visible in photo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I swapped to the HD Split Vision mirrors and loved them; night and day difference over stock.

However, I recently changed out my handlebars to black Paul Yaffe Monkey bars so I changed the mirrors out once again to the black HD Tribal mirrors; love them as well.

Both mirrors have a great field of view to the side and behind.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
CTALBOT,
If you want to give the split vision a try, I had them and smashed the right one. If you want I will send it to you so you can try it. PM me if you want it.
Ride safe

·
Registered
39 Posts
I swapped to the HD Split Vision mirrors and loved them; night and day difference over stock.

However, I recently changed out my handlebars to black Paul Yaffe Monkey bars so I changed the mirrors out once again to the black HD Tribal mirrors; love them as well.

Both mirrors have a great field of view to the side and behind.
BiloxiGuy, let me know if you would like to sell your Split Visions. I installed them on mine and went to adjust the right one last night and the mirror broke on me. I hate the thought of paying for both of them again.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
BiloxiGuy, let me know if you would like to sell your Split Visions. I installed them on mine and went to adjust the right one last night and the mirror broke on me. I hate the thought of paying for both of them again.
Sorry, I already sold them. However, I've seen them pop up used on Ebay from time to time.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I have stock bars on my 05 RG and I used to have "cop" mirrors great visibility, but not so stylish. After a couple of attempts I went with the Bike Masters diamond mirrors with tribal flame stems. They stick out just enough to keep your shoulders and elbows out of sight with great sight lines. I really like them. They'll be on display at SW III if you are coming. And that's a great place to get ideas because you get to see it up close and personal.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts