Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Gentlemen I think we are witness to a bet amoungst friends here. I think someone smashed it with a hammer, and his smart ass friend bet him he couldn't sell it on ebay. The only explanation I can think of,..

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
u better snap that up Howard. would make a nice gift for one of your buds for Christmas.

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
I'm speechless, lol. I know they say one man's junk is another man's treasure, but really........

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
and the seller says: Many of these parts are pulled from bikes that are in less than perfect condition.

you think? :D

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Better hurry and nab that up wont last long! Reminds me of the time I went to work on a guys washer and he had it spread out all over the basement I said what was it doing before you tore it apart he said he didn't know I said go buy a new washer then he asked me to buy that one for parts I said be glad I am not charging you the trip charge!

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
You people may have to realize that this a pre Harmon Kardon radio and parts may be hard to find for this particular unit. Not only trying to find a repair person may be difficult as well. Someone that want to keep their bike original and needs their radio repaired may consider this a great find. WE ALL don't have new bike and some of us would like to keep history alive.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
You people may have to realize that this a pre Harmon Kardon radio and parts may be hard to find for this particular unit. Not only trying to find a repair person may be difficult as well. Someone that want to keep their bike original and needs their radio repaired may consider this a great find. WE ALL don't have new bike and some of us would like to keep history alive.
Did you even look at the link? The only thing that can be salvaged on that thing,.. are the screws.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I see that radio and all I keep thinking is what the rest of the bike looks like...I wonder if it was involved in a bad wreck or worse.

·
Registered
95 Posts
That seller is a POS......I've delt with them twice. First item I bought was garbage and they would refund but less shipping and I had to pay to ship it back. The second thing never showed up......got my refund a month later. real piece of garbage.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Did you even look at the link? The only thing that can be salvaged on that thing,.. are the screws.
Sure I looked at the link and the radio is mangled. But there may be salvageable parts inside, the 2000 HD radio was a 4ohm radio and some of the electronic boards may be usable along with the drive motor and other parts for the cassette. Not saying that it is worth much money but it may have the parts that someone needs to get their older cassette HD radio up and running.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts