Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm noticing a small, but distinct bounce from my rear wheel between the speeds or 38-42mph. I sent the bike in for its 1k service and asked them to check it out, and of course they didn't find anything. They told me that they adjusted the suspension and checked everything. The bike was returned, bounce is still there. I get that a rider is almost always going to be more in tune with his machine than a tech, but i just can't believe that they couldn't find what I was talking about. Trying to decide what my next move is. The dealer I purchased the bike from is not only far, but now I just don't have a good vibe from their service dept. I feel like it is something that should be covered by the dealer. If another dealer looks at it and determines that the tire is bad, or out of balance, would they cover cost under warrenty?

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Good luck with that warranty thing, unless you "pick up a screw" with at least 2/32th under espT&W,

If it smooths out above That ^ it's the balance
adjusting your progressive's or whoever suspenders, doesn't play,

Most only feel the balance of the front,

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm with you on the adjusting the suspension, it soaks up the bounce, but it doesn't fix the problem. Everything is fine above 42mph. The most accurate way to describe it is, when a belt in your car tire slips at a certain speed and then goes back in.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sounds like a tire balancing issue to me. I would have the wheel and tire balanced, then go from there. An out of balance wheel and tire will do exactly what you're describing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts