Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rear brake light assembly removal

Trying to remove the rear brake assembly having a pia time can anyone tell me how to get this thing off.

No idea why the pic is upside down

TIA
Masque

Attachments

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
What are you trying to remove??? The rear brake assembly is held on by the rear axle shaft. Or are you removing the rear brake light assembly?

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
You mean the lights? There are two bolts positioned under the fender just inward of the lights that hold the assembly on. What are you trying to change?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Removed the bolts can't find where to disconnect the wiring. Removing the lights assembly to powder coat

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
If I remember correctly, they're plugged into the bottom light on the fender.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw that the wires went into both sides. It's so tight couldn't see the plug to unplug it. I'll try again tomorrow

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
Thanks for the pic ohiobellboy so do I have to remove the trip bar so I can detach the lights?
You may be able to get that connection out of the tri bar without removing it from the bike. There's only two little screws that hold it in so it may be easier to just remove it to unplug it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Not being a smart arse, but it never ceases to amaze me, why peeps never think to buy, and read the workshop manual.
Owning a HD, doesn't instantly make one a qualified mechanic.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Smart ass---- probably not, but way to go on spreading that good posative ecouraging word ......you are correct that ownership doesn't make you a mechanic, but at least he has the stones to try to do something on his own and he has the smarts enough to ask for input from those who do know....

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
WTF does the manual have to do with a guy asking a simple question. Hope the OP gotta er figured out.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well the weather sucked today wasn't able to work on it. But I'll be back at it tomorrow weather is supposed to be good.

The manual is supposed to get here sometime this week so I bought it and I'll definitely be reading it.

By the way not being a smart arse, isn't this what this forum is for. To share and help out each other in working on and riding our RG's.

THANKS to all who replied and gave the time to help out a new Road Glide owner

·
Registered
397 Posts
WTF does the manual have to do with a guy asking a simple question. Hope the OP gotta er figured out.
If it was that simple, he wouldn't have needed to ask the question.
The correct manual, for your year and model, has everything to do with repairing your own bike.
There is so much misinformation/crap written on forums, it quite frightening at times.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts