Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,477 Posts
its a pretty simple job, I try and rock the caliper back and forth on the rotor to open up the pads so it comes off easier, pull the little clip off of the top and unscrew the holding pin, then squeeze the brakes with the old pads and clean with brake cleaner, then with the old pads I put a screwdriver in to open up the gap again and replace the pads, then bolt the caliper back up, I don't have the torque spec handy but I definitely use a torque wrench on the caliper bolts. its about a 5-10 minute per caliper job.

· Registered
1,477 Posts
ironmark is correct again! as long as you don't squeeze the crsp out of the Pistons when you install them the fluid level should be fine if the system is in good shape, I try to push them back nice and slowly so as not to put undo pressure on the system, on a car or bike it's never been an issue for me. I think they are covering their ass when they say disconnect the battery for this type of service, it's like disconnecting the battery to change your oil

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.