Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
489 Posts
Abs

Thats great! I read in my manual that the Dealer puts the bike on a diagnostic computer after they change the brakes on ABS bikes. Since I'm not a certified mechanic I decided to call a great independent shop and ask the owner what he does. He suggested I disconnect the battery and since that's not very hard to do I decided to follow his advice. Kinda makes sense since ABS have an electronic element to them. What would be silly (to me) would have been not to follow his advice and throw a code and take it to the dealer to have them correct the issue.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The reason the bike is hooked to the computer is that the procedure by the book is to ensure the ABS system has no air in it. The system (digital tech) cycles the ABS system to ensure that is the case. You can't truly bleed the ABS system without digital tech.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.