Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attempted to remove my rear brake pedal to replace it with a black Harley Edgecut pedal. The pin that you have to remove hits the exhaust (V&H head pipes). It looks like I may have to remove head pipe to install this...Argg! Anyone else run into this problem?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I did that on my '13, I also put the pin in backwards to make it easier to get off in the future if needed.
Now you tell me! LOL.. I got it on, had to unbolt rear master cylinder (thanks Roaddawg), and it was still a pain to in stall. Thanks again, if I ever need to do this in the future I'll pay someone.:grin:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Now you tell me! LOL.. I got it on with your advise, had to unbolt rear master cylinder, and it was still a pain to in stall. Thanks again, if I ever need to do this in the future I'll pay someone.:grin:
Haha isn't that how it usually works? I just got in the habit of putting clevis pins in so I could always use a punch to remove them if needed since it happens at work a lot on the big rig brakes. I like being able to check on the cotter pin condition too

·
Registered
137 Posts
Haha isn't that how it usually works? I just got in the habit of putting clevis pins in so I could always use a punch to remove them if needed since it happens at work a lot on the big rig brakes. I like being able to check on the cotter pin condition too
I did that on my '13, I also put the pin in backwards to make it easier to get off in the future if needed.
What a great idea. Likewise wish I had read this and had the experience to understand the concept prior to recent reassembly. Thanks for this excellent tip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.