Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As a 5'6" person I cannot have highway pegs way up on the engine guard.

I like them low and just about 7/8 the way up as the rear brake peddle. But the peddle is so wide it interferes with my feet on the long arm highway pegs,

I took the pad and pad cup off and front the hole is slotted for the pad mount.

The only thing stopping adjustment is the mounting steel the pad cup covers.

So I used the pad as a template and marked the support steel. Used a steel blade on the peddle to cut 5/8 inch off the outer edge. Remounted the brake peddle all the way in which give the clearance for my feet to rest on the pegs now.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
As a 5'6" person I cannot have highway pegs way up on the engine guard.

I like them low and just about 7/8 the way up as the rear brake peddle. But the peddle is so wide it interferes with my feet on the long arm highway pegs,

I took the pad and pad cup off and fount the hole is slotted for the pad mount.

The only thing stopping adjustment is the mounting steel the pad cup covers.

So I used the pad as a template and marked the support steel. Used a steel blade on the peddle to cut 5/8 inch off the outer edge. Remounted the brake peddle all the way in which give the clearance for my feet to rest on the pegs now.
On my old Heritage I took a Dyna brake pedal cover that was a lot smaller and removed the brake lever and cut the pedal down so the smaller pad would fit.. Got it out of the way and looked way better than the big ass pad that comes on them. Actually thinking of doing it to the RGS. Thanks for making me thinking about this again.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thats what you call good old fashioned redneck engineering. Glad it worked out for ya but it didn't really happen without pictures :wink:

Ok pictures it is ...

If you are under 5'9" you probably hate trying highway pegs on the RG engine guard.

Because where you end up positioning them puts the right one interfering with the large brake pedal.

The answer to this is to remove the pad and use a jigsaw to cut off a half an inch arc the end.

This allows you to get clearance on the brake peddle by moving it on the slotted hole the brake pad goes through all the way to the left.

Allowing the whole set up to finally line up.

Of course the wife was not amused as she came out to the garage to see her husband sawing a piece "off the brand new motorcycle!"

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Started this mod and ran into a very thick and hard chrome foot pedal. Jigsaw? I guess I need to find a better blade.

Yes get a Bosch blade. Will tear right through it. About 11 bucks at Home Depot.

Make sure you get the one for hard metals.

Or if you know machining. 12 to 14 T per inch.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
A 4" cutoff wheel on a side grinder makes quick work of this. I cut it off, then used the grind wheel to shape. Then the emory wheel to smooth and finish. All of about 5 minutes total. Great improvement for foot position on the floorboard and highway peg.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts