Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. When i apply the rear brake at slows speeds i get a vibration. This only happens when there is a passenger. When I'm solo no problem at all. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Thanks. I'll check it out it only has 3500 miles.
Plenty of posts on the other forum with failures under 10k. Funny when I upgraded my rims to the Agitators the wheel install kit came with "upgraded" bearings. So what I got from that is stock is generic. Never know. I do a bearing swap when ever I replace tires. Overkill? Maybe.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Plenty of posts on the other forum with failures under 10k. Funny when I upgraded my rims to the Agitators the wheel install kit came with "upgraded" bearings. So what I got from that is stock is generic. Never know. I do a bearing swap when ever I replace tires. Overkill? Maybe.
+1 on bearing replacement with new boots.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thanks. I'll check it out it only has 3500 miles.
I also replace the bearings at each tire change. Wheels are already off the bike, I would rather change them early and when not needed then have them fail.

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
Usually when the bearings start to go bad you may hear a clicking sound when you back up the bike. Jack up the rear or the bike and see if there is any side by side play in the rear wheel. Also see if there is any side by side play in the rear pulley. My other suggestion is that the disc brake pads are vibrating so if you pull the back pads and put disc brake lube on the back of the pads it may cure your problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts