Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi... I need some advices and tips.... I'm going to replace rear lights with bullet rear turn light, but...I don't like the chrome tip on rear fender of my FLTRSE2 '01... What can I use to replace it?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,817 Posts
There are other non-lighted lower profile chrome fender tips in the P&A catalogue. There is a stud on the inside of the fender that is spot welded on the outside of the fender behind that fender tip that is on the bike now.

The FLTRX comes with a "cloisonne" fancy french word for decal that is placed over that recessed stub cap. The stud is used to hold the saddlebag support brackets on 2013 and down models. I don't know if it still there on the 2014 Ultras.

Regards,

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
79 Posts
If my memory serves right, I have the same tip and it is chrome plated plastic, not metal. If that is the case, you can buy a bottle of "Wesley's Bleche White" whitewall cleaner and if you soak the tip parts in it overnight, the chrome plating will come off and the piece will be ready to paint what ever color you want. You should be able to pick up a spray can of exact match paint. That would look killer IMHO!

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
I know you don't want any chrome back there but I put on the HD fender extension with the tri-bar light and it looks great. The tri-bar light works as a running/brake light which makes the bike more visible. IMO you can't have enough light in the back of the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts