Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Road Glide Ultra FLTRU purchased new and stock. Driving on a road that I have been on many times and at about 60 it felt like I got a blow as I started around a soft curve and ran off the road. A mechanic said this is a problem with these bikes and there is an aftermarket part that can be installed on the swing arm to stop this. First time this has happened to me. Anyone else have this happen? Thank you. RR

·
Registered
809 Posts
2011 Road Glide Ultra FLTRU purchased new and stock. Driving on a road that I have been on many times and at about 60 it felt like I got a blow as I started around a soft curve and ran off the road. A mechanic said this is a problem with these bikes and there is an aftermarket part that can be installed on the swing arm to stop this. First time this has happened to me. Anyone else have this happen? Thank you. RR
Check your tire air pressures first, if the problem is still there then pull the wheels and check the wheel bearings. Check the bearings in the pulley also. If all that checks out then have a look at your swing arm bushings.

·
Registered
2019 RGS
5,916 Posts
From what I know that problem was with the 08 and fixed by 09 or 10. My 08 SG wavered in corners from day one. My 11 RGU is on rails in a corner.

I'd follow the advice above. Tire. Bearings. Bushings in swing arm.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Try This

Check your tire air pressures first, if the problem is still there then pull the wheels and check the wheel bearings. Check the bearings in the pulley also. If all that checks out then have a look at your swing arm bushings.
Add after this is done as Frankie suggested, head bearings, than (on my DIY page) Steering Shakes, What The Manual Doesn’t Tell You > Do It Yourself than > Steering Shakes, What The Manual Doesn?t Tell You Than open http://www.motorcyclemetal.com/downloads/Steering Shakes What the manuual does not tell you.pdf

You can also go back to my DIY (Do it yourself) and maybe try this:

Harley Davidson Wheel Alignment Made Simple >> Wheel Alignment Made Simple

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.