Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I ran across a thread, with photos, explaining how to install a rear facing auxillary input on the HK. Does anyone recall seeing this thread and if so, do you recall what it was called? I tried the search but must be missing a keyword somewhere. HELP!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly the piece I was looking for. Thanks Zog.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I did this little mod and it works rather nicely.

1 issue though... it seems the right channel has more volume than the left channel when on AUX.

the aux cable I used was a male/male cable, same one i was using in the front of the radio. I cut one of the ends off to get to the wires. There were only 2 insulated wires and 1 bare braded wire. I put the red to the left and the black to the right, following the only color that matched up from the pictures on the blog to the AUX cable. After a little searching, red=right, black=left seems to be a common rule, so maybe i need to redo my soldering.

could a weak solder connection on the left channel hook up cause that?

could crossing the input cause a poor signal on 1 channel or the other?

Radio and CD do not seem to have the weak left channel problem. Any help from someone who know more about wiring than I do would be appriciated.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Did you not like the iron aces phone mount on speedo and tach! I have installed two but I like it. Or are you trying to run cable to iPod in box? Either way it looks good but the aces wiring charges while you ride! That's for long days

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
188 Posts
i use an android phone, so just get aux cord to glove box and off the dash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts