Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has less than 500 miles on it and this happened. Took it to Harley Sunday and was told they will contact the mother ship. No word yet. I'm not very happy about this. I know I didn't hit anything or dropped anything on it. Suxs.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
Hope all goes well with getting it fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
This won't make you feel any better, but my Hot Rod Red Flake was cracked where the rear tail lamp / turn assembly mounts to the fender. Found it at less than 100 miles when replacing the license plate holder. Apparently during assembly someone on the assembly line over-torqued the nuts, or the paint still wasn't fully cured when they mounted the assembly. Dealer contacted the MoCo and fender replacement was denied. Moco instructed the dealer to "dob" some touch up clear coat over the cracks and send me home.

·
Registered
37 Posts
:frown:
This won't make you feel any better, but my Hot Rod Red Flake was cracked where the rear tail lamp / turn assembly mounts to the fender. Found it at less than 100 miles when replacing the license plate holder. Apparently during assembly someone on the assembly line over-torqued the bolt, or the paint still wasn't fully cured when they mounted the assembly. Dealer contacted the MoCo and fender replacement was denied. Moco instructed the dealer to "dob" some touch up clear coat over the cracks and send me home.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This won't make you feel any better, but my Hot Rod Red Flake was cracked where the rear tail lamp / turn assembly mounts to the fender. Found it at less than 100 miles when replacing the license plate holder. Apparently during assembly someone on the assembly line over-torqued the bolt, or the paint still wasn't fully cured when they mounted the assembly. Dealer contacted the MoCo and fender replacement was denied. Moco instructed the dealer to "dob" some touch up clear coat over the cracks and send me home.
Boy that really suxs. I would of raised cain over that BS. Did the dealer make it right or tell you to pound sand? Sorry for you misfortune. It kinda takes the joy out of the purchase. I guess I'll find out friday. They called and said that the mother ship wants the service manager to look at it.
I just got the bike in the middle part of May.
Happy Holiday everyone.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Must be a common occurrence. Happened to mine too. I just lived with it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good news. Went to the dealer today and the service manager looked at it. He said Harley won't cover it but the dealer is making it good. They ordered a new one factory painted for it. They said the lead time is 30 days or so. Supposed to give me a call.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
He said Harley won't cover it but the dealer is making it good. They ordered a new one factory painted for it. They said the lead time is 30 days or so. Supposed to give me a call.
Kudos to your dealer. You might throw them a bone and mention the specific dealer's name, so others in your area can patronize them too :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: I got the rear fascia replaced a couple of days ago. Gail's Harley Davidson in Grandview, Mo made it right. The paint match is perfect. I had thought about removing the fascia and installing custom dynamics Fillerz in the holes in the back. After looking at the rear fender with the fascia removed I can see this is a bad idea. The bike looks much better with the fascia attached. I'll have to figure out another way to add more lights to the rear of the bike.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Update: I got the rear fascia replaced a couple of days ago. Gail's Harley Davidson in Grandview, Mo made it right. The paint match is perfect. I had thought about removing the fascia and installing custom dynamics Fillerz in the holes in the back. After looking at the rear fender with the fascia removed I can see this is a bad idea. The bike looks much better with the fascia attached. I'll have to figure out another way to add more lights to the rear of the bike.

Excellent! Its always good to let others know when a dealers treats his customers base right.
Look into the saddlebag lights, HD, CD, Ciro all make them
I ride in a group weekly and noticed right away how much difference they make in catching your eye

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Update: I got the rear fascia replaced a couple of days ago. Gail's Harley Davidson in Grandview, Mo made it right. The paint match is perfect. I had thought about removing the fascia and installing custom dynamics Fillerz in the holes in the back. After looking at the rear fender with the fascia removed I can see this is a bad idea. The bike looks much better with the fascia attached. I'll have to figure out another way to add more
lights to the rear of the bike.
CD Plasma Rods work great IMO

1 - 14 of 14 Posts