Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Something "like that" I wouldn't be leary of it, but that one I might be, it ships from China and it would probably take a month or better to get here

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not worried about time as much as I am quality and fit. Being it coming from China is what I would be worried about. How do you think quality and fit would be? Or would I be better getting it from HD?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
be aware if you go with 'something like that' that doesn't include a new rear fender that you will have 'dimples' in the existing fender where your current turn signals attach. that is assuming also that you don't have the big taillight mounted there also (since you don't mention what bike you have)

the 'clean' rear fender can be had new from hd for $475. less from your discounter. but that is primed and will need to be painted.

or you can go with the entire kit from hd which includes the rear fender, all lighting and installation parts necessary for $999. again, less from your favorite discounter.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Think I'd go with what skratch is talking about. Get the full rear fender and light kit. Buy once and be done with it

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
that's more better.... especially if your bike is vivid black. could save a bit on paint (maybe, if it matches up nicely).

wife would like to have this for her bike. so you go ahead, let me know how it turns out :D

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I can't speak on that particular set up from that particular seller but it can be easily changed over. I added the cvo fascia to my 09 that didn't have any fascia there. My 09 had the large center brake light with the turn signal lightbar. I forget who makes it but there's a license plate frame that bolts directly into the existing holes from the big brake light and t/signal bar. I believe it's the stealth 3 frame. The only difference between the way I did it and the stock cvo fender is the license plate location. Mine sits up higher on the fender. [URL=http://s1073.photobucket.com/user/rlaf75/media/20140628_204720-1_zpsswjyrubq.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
hello,

i know it's an old thread but have you bought it?

I'm with everyone to prefer oem parts but here they are so much expensive. CVO setup is like around $2000 and primed.
where are you getting that price?

i got a quote for the 13 down primed kit, for $779.00. includes the led lights.

the rushmore style is msrp $569 but you have to pay additional for the lighting.

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
in all reality that is probably from a shop that made for Harley-I have bought 2 sets of ext bags from china-look as good as Harley-no problems getting ready to paint-since the 2017 model came out this type of item is showing up more.my last fender ext was made locally- it is fiberglass-made real easy to cut and shape profile.it came as a 7" ext-i cut first one to 5.5-the last time 4.5 in length

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
hello,

i know it's an old thread but have you bought it?

I'm with everyone to prefer oem parts but here they are so much expensive. CVO setup is like around $2000 and primed.
take note of my picture directly above your post. that's my stock fender with the oem cvo fascia and the yaffe stealth 3 license plate frame that bolts right up

·
Registered
101 Posts
where are you getting that price?

i got a quote for the 13 down primed kit, for $779.00. includes the led lights.

the rushmore style is msrp $569 but you have to pay additional for the lighting.

this a quote i've got, painted. In fact we have no discounters and it's impossible to buy from US dealer so we have to pay what dealers wants...

That's why i look for cheaper chinese parts, where probably oem parts are done like lots of things today

·
Registered
101 Posts
take note of my picture directly above your post. that's my stock fender with the oem cvo fascia and the yaffe stealth 3 license plate frame that bolts right up
thanks, i found your setup when i was i searching and it looks very nice. My problem here is the license plate size, i now could not mount american size. They were tolerate before but now they are chasing loud pipes and small license plates, sometimes living in France is not as good as you could think...

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
thanks, i found your setup when i was i searching and it looks very nice. My problem here is the license plate size, i now could not mount american size. They were tolerate before but now they are chasing loud pipes and small license plates, sometimes living in France is not as good as you could think...
Found this on Paul Yaffe's website. They also have a steel version.

Paul Yaffe's Bagger Nation - French Box Kit - Composite

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
this a quote i've got, painted. In fact we have no discounters and it's impossible to buy from US dealer so we have to pay what dealers wants...

That's why i look for cheaper chinese parts, where probably oem parts are done like lots of things today
look into Mutazu.com and tell them you're a member of this forum and you'll receive a discount too.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
I think his problem is that the license plates in France is a different size and shape as ours here in the U.S.

LMAO! I knew that and when I looked at this on the Yaffee page it looked bigger and I thought it was for French license plates. Now that I've gone back and looked at it I see what it means. DUUUHHH!

My bad.... Can't blame a feller for tryin' :laugh:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts