Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I need help! I just installed a 2010 SG Rear Fender Fascia on my 2009 RG. Everything fits except the wiring harness. I have a 3-pin plug under my left side cover where I should be able to run the wiring harness from the light, but the wiring harness attached to the light (pn 68828-10) has 6 or 7 wires coming out of it. Gzrglide09 did a similar mod but never specified which wires from the wiring harness on the light he ran in to the 3-hole plug under the cover. Any help will be appreciated!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Shark,
I will answer here also just on the chance that you haven't had a chance to look in the tech area. (Sorry to be slow to answer). I just peeled back the cover of the 3 pin plug to see what color the wires were. There were wires of the same color in the six pin plug so I just matched up the colors. I'm not sure if that's the most technically correct way but I figured matching colors can't be a bad thing. It worked.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gzrglide-Thanks! I peeled the shrinkwrap back on the plug, matched the wires, and hooked it up.

Anyone else planning to do this mod- I used the fender fascia and running light from a 2010 SG on my '09 RG. I connected the tribar light to the bike with the 68828-10 wiring harness. Once you strip the shrinkwrap back about an inch from the 3-pin plug located behind the left-side cover, you will see three wires: black, red/yellow stripe, and blue. I cut the plug off leaving just the three wires. There are six wires on the 68828-10 wiring harness. I cut the black, red/yellow stripe, and black ones, and hardwired them into the corresponding wires I had hanging from the plug I previously cut.

The whole mod took me about two hours, I would probably still be in suspense if gzrglide hadn't saved me. Thanks gzrglide09!

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
I understand this is an older post but i just read it so i figured id share my experience. I did the same thing on my 09. I had no problem at all with the wiring harness matching up. I used everything for a 09 streetglide not the 2010. My bike is mirage orange pearl so HD didnt have a color matched one so i had to have it painted. My buddy is a painter and he matched it and sprayed it. The whole deal, parts and paint cost me 200. I think the issue you had was the fact you used parts from 2010. Maybe the harnesses are a lil different between 09 and 10.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RLF,

Thanks for your response. The harness for the '10 SG is slightly different. I was able to change out the connector and make it work. It gives the bike a whole new look from the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts