Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the fender extension and fillers from a 2012 street glide will fit on the 2013 road glide..Thought it would look good but not 100% sure they matchup...Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
The rear of the FLHX (Street Glide) and FLTRX (Road Glide Custom), are the same for 11, 12, and 13 if these are the models you're asking about, yes, it's a direct replacement.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought a12 fltru and ordered the filler strips waited six weeks,got em in last week. went to put them on this weekend. there is not a bracket on the bag support to bolt the upper bracket of the filler strip to. sent the dealer an email and photos . they called me today and said there catalog said it fit an ultra, but contacted harley and found they made a mistake, and it will not. they said i could buy a kit to replace the stock saddlebag brackets for 219.00. i said no way i,m gonna do that and they said they would refund my money. i work in a machine shop and will probably make something to get them to fit.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Bought a12 fltru and ordered the filler strips waited six weeks,got em in last week. went to put them on this weekend. there is not a bracket on the bag support to bolt the upper bracket of the filler strip to. sent the dealer an email and photos . they called me today and said there catalog said it fit an ultra, but contacted harley and found they made a mistake, and it will not. they said i could buy a kit to replace the stock saddlebag brackets for 219.00. i said no way i,m gonna do that and they said they would refund my money. i work in a machine shop and will probably make something to get them to fit.
The fica does fit The 2012 is NO different than a 2011 .
It fits right on just like you were putting it on a RG custom.

·
Registered
8 Posts
are the filler strips and fender extension one piece, just askin because i just bought the filler strips. the ones they sent me will not work. maybe thay are just b.s.ing me. do you have a part number you can share.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
are the filler strips and fender extension one piece, just askin because i just bought the filler strips. the ones they sent me will not work. maybe thay are just b.s.ing me. do you have a part number you can share.
You have the wrong parts list The fica is one peace.
Holes are drill a bar is inserted insiode fender well and bolted on done.
Fasica for black PN 59739-09DH
Stud plate assy59818-09
tri bar light68358-07A
Just sit down tell dealer what you really want

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the facsia and fillers do not just bolt on,? do you need to buy the stud plate assembly as well??? Does look good on you're bike smitty901...Thats the look i want..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Need some help with fitting the 2011 RG facsia on a 2009 RG
Besides the actual facsia are there other parts needed to make it fit?
The expert help of the forum members is very much appriciated,

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Need some help with fitting the 2011 RG facsia on a 2009 RG
Besides the actual facsia are there other parts needed to make it fit?
The expert help of the forum members is very much appriciated,
List floating a round I need to look mine up.
There is the mounting bracket has 3 studs on it few nut and bolt
Easy to do just make darn sure you got it right when go to mount it.
I just ordered it all again for my 2013.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
The facia can be mounted with double sided tape (professional grade). Others have done it that way.

Easy to drill the fender though. Use masking tape on fender, locate the facia where you want it and mark the three holes on each side. Drill your marks, remove tape, insert the retainer strips thru fender and bolt on. I was apprehensive when I did mine but wanted the look, so get 'r done.....:D

·
Registered
574 Posts
I want to do that extended look but I can't fine the part number referenced by smitty. I have a 2012 RGU. I see RWD has an expension for $291 unpainted and no mounting hardware. Any other options?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
The 2011 was totaled in August . I went with black Fica on the new RED RGU I think it worked. Also did the spoiler lights in Black

1 - 20 of 26 Posts