Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Evening guys, I鈥檓 trying to figure out the best way of changing my rear lights from chrome to gloss black (2017 RGS) they appear to be a sealed unit so taking them apart and having them stripped and powder coated isn鈥檛 really an option and a new set is meg 馃挵 from HD.... any ideas?

Registered
For beginners, welcome to the forum!

You might be better off looking for a black take off piece either in the classifieds on this forum or one of the other forums

Good luck with your search

Registered
PlastiDip. Did my forks and rear tail light. Easy product to work with. Pretty forgiving as far as runs. You gotta try pretty hard to have that happen. Great stuff, holds up quite well. This will be my 3rd season coming up, looks as good as when I put it on.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Plasti Dip sounds like a promising idea 馃憤馃憤

I thought about trying to get a second hand black unit from eBay or forums but I鈥檓 not sure if the wiring is the same as the US models (I鈥檓 in the Uk) 馃

Registered
They actually come apart rather easily, I took my front and read assemblies apart and had them done the winter after I got my 鈥15. Getting the light sockets out was the hardest part if I remember correctly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts