Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for something to fill the holes for the rear passenger spare foot peg holes. I had to move the foot peg down and I have a little rust in there. I cleaned out the rust but I am looking for a permanent solution to try and keep water out of there.

Is there some type of rubber or plastic plug I can put in there?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
654 Posts
Lowes has shelves of plastic plugs in chrome or black finish. Not sure what size you may need. I have to pick some up for my own bike.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried the lowest and home Depot route... And I couldn't find the right size. I also went to the local stealership and purchased from them something they recommended... Which also didn't fit.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Check your local ACE. They carry an abundance or bolts/plugs that will work. If you get plugs fill with silicon and then press in plug.:D

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
HD # 90493-83 plug from Dyna. They're the plugs for the highway pegs. That's what I used. Or HD has some black plugs that will fit but they have the size marked on the out side. The others look better, IMHO. Don't let the parts guy give you HD# 90329-83 they're for the swing arm bolt hole covers. To big.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I am going to use black set screws

Make sure the set screws are the same length as the threads and use never seize. I had plugs when I had the pegs and when I went to the boards and took the plugs out the threads where all rusted water gets in from the back. Not the end of the world chased the holes with a tap and good to go but just a heads up not everybody has a tap set.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts