Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently smoked my tail lights and turn signals with VHT Nightshades, and it made me hate my rear reflector even more than I already did. Has anyone removed this? It seems like a pretty big pain, just wondering if anyone had some suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
it really isn't that difficult. put you bike on a lift and jack it up enough to allow the shocks to fully extend. that'll give you some room to reach between the tire and the bolts holding the taillight bar on.

if your arms are bigger than mine, you might have to remove one bolt from each shock to give more room, but still you're looking at 30-45 mins to do this.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What he said ^
I had to almost remove the rear wheel. It was pretty tight to get my arms in there too. Not much room to get good leverage on a ratchet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I was able to lay down get my hand up in there with a 1/4" drive ratchet... the right angle is key. took about 30 minutes total.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Mine came off easily with a box wrench. Once you break it loose it comes off in a jiffy with your fingers.

+ 1 on the curved license plate bracket too.

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
I was able to lay down get my hand up in there with a 1/4" drive ratchet... the right angle is key. took about 30 minutes total.
Did the same thing. Just layed on the floor and reached up under there. I was replacing my turn signal bar with the black LED one. Pretty simple.
Lil Chief

·
Registered
470 Posts
Reflectors " We don't need no stinkin reflectors" Yep jack it up, put on your patience cap and remove the tail lights with the license plate. I too put on the curved frame.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts