Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking at taking off the turn signals on the rear and the license plate frame and replace them with the custom dynamics plasma rods and the paul yaffe stealth III license plate frame. Im wondering if when I remove the factory stuff is it going to leave any holes in the fender that wont be covered up?

Also to take off the factory stuff do you have to remove the entire fender?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
If you get the Universal Stealth III license plate cover - USLP3(chrome) or USLP3-B(black), it will cover the light bar holes and dimples on FLTRX's. Shown here:

You shouldnt have to remove the fender. There are a couple of nuts on the underside of the fender you will need loosen, disconnect the wiring where it plugs into the tri bar light, and the light bar comes right out.

·
Registered
516 Posts
If you get the Universal Stealth III license plate cover - USLP3(chrome) or USLP3-B(black), it will cover the light bar holes and dimples on FLTRX's. Shown here:

You shouldnt have to remove the fender. There are a couple of nuts on the underside of the fender you will need loosen, disconnect the wiring where it plugs into the tri bar light, and the light bar comes right out.

I was going to do this mod as well... According to Yaffee you have to drill 2 holes in the fender to install this license plate kit.....

I'm curious how well the Yaffee plate covers everything and how it actually lines up with the dimples.... Definitely on my list of mods.......

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Perfect thanks that is the one I got

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you don't mind, let me know how this turns out and what you had to do for the install... I'm planning on doing this later this year.....
Will do hoping to get it all done by next weekend

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
On the 10s to current RG customs you need to drill a couple holes to mount the yaffe plate frame. If you have an ultra or 09 and earlier model with the big center brake light you wont have to drill any holes. I used this plate frame on my 09 when i did the CVO fascia conversion. It does cover the holes and dimples nicely and you shouldnt have to remove the fender to remove the stock lights as long as you can get your hand in between the tire and fender.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you don't mind, let me know how this turns out and what you had to do for the install... I'm planning on doing this later this year.....
Finally got it all done. Must say I love the way it turned out

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
Looks good, I like it. :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L710

1 - 11 of 11 Posts