Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just traded my 07 RG for a 18 RGS. My old RG I rolled progressive 444 in the rear instead of the factory air. Loved them, excellent ride. My question is should I put them in my new RG or run the new factory coil over. I’m just not that familiar with the new suspension. Of course the 444’s beat the crap out of my old air ride. Thanks for the input.
Wams

·
Super Moderator
1,839 Posts
Be prepared!!!

Shocks are like mattresses. Everybody makes them, and they're all a little different. Know this, the HD adjustable shocks, still leave a lot to be desired. You can and will do better aftermarket as you have experienced previously with your old RG and the Progressives that you had mounted on it.

Personally I have upgraded my stock air shocks to Ohlins ('16 FLTRU), one of the best investments you can make next to a custom seat.

There are others that swear by Progressive and even more that like Supershox.

I think any manufacturer or their representative that actually interviews you to find out how you ride, where you ride, your bikes load when you're riding is going to do better by you than just buying off the shelf replacements.

That's my two cents Canadian.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
I don't know how much you have had a chance to ride your new scoot yet but the 17/18 rear shocks are not that bad. Maybe put a few miles on before you spend your hard earned $.

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
Like MM said give the oem a chance and play with the adjustments for a while. The Ohlins and Supershox will be better ,but are they going to be $7-1000 dollars better ? I can't see the cheaper Progressive being much better than the 17,18 oem. JMO

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I bought a take off set for my 2011 FLTRX and I gotta tell you I like them better than the progressives that I had before them, my favorite feature is the adjustability, my wife likes them too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts