Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys a friend of mine just gave me a set of the 12" shocks from his 2013 road glide, due to him going full air ride. I know my bike 2008 has the 13" shocks. I was thinking of installing them to lower the rear 1" like the newer custom models. Anyone ever do this have any input on this?

·
Registered
617 Posts
^^ What he said.
You may not like the ride quality with the 12" shocks from your buddy. They are known to not ride as smooth as the 13"ers. I have ridden both and can attest to that. That being said, I run 11.5" Progressive 444"s and found them to be a much nicer ride than the stock 12"s on my custom. Would not have chosen that length if not for getting a really good deal on them used and never installed. They do give the bike a nice stance along with the lowered front. Boards scrape a little easier with shorter shocks depending on how aggressive you ride.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
If you guys can afford it scrap the stock air shocks and go with a premium coil over adjustable in rear.
Night and day difference especially if your a bigger guy and of ride 2 up.
Jmo

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Ride quality definitely suffers. I installed the shorter premium hand adjustable shocks that are now stock on the RGS. they ride better than the taller air shocks imo.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ What he said.
You may not like the ride quality with the 12" shocks from your buddy. They are known to not ride as smooth as the 13"ers. I have ridden both and can attest to that. That being said, I run 11.5" Progressive 444"s and found them to be a much nicer ride than the stock 12"s on my custom. Would not have chosen that length if not for getting a really good deal on them used and never installed. They do give the bike a nice stance along with the lowered front. Boards scrape a little easier with shorter shocks depending on how aggressive you ride.
Thanks for the info, I guess I'll give them a try and see what happens from there. If they aren't good then I might go your route with the Progressives.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.