Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any shocks besides air suspension that can be adjusted to go from 1 up to 2up without pulling saddlebag bag to get at them? Went to adjust my air on my pos stock shocks and saddlebag just about fell to ground and pulled my saddlebag lights wiring out of wiring connection. Was thinking about the cvo shocks or progressives

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I would believe that pulling the saddlebags would be the only way to adjust any adjustable rear shocks that are on the market. I have the saddlebag guard rails that go around the saddlebags so that takes the worry out of dropping a bag or losing a bag on the road due to pin failure. There are some that have relocated the air valve to allow better access.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Are there any shocks besides air suspension that can be adjusted to go from 1 up to 2up without pulling saddlebag bag to get at them? Went to adjust my air on my pos stock shocks and saddlebag just about fell to ground and pulled my saddlebag lights wiring out of wiring connection. Was thinking about the cvo shocks or progressives
put an air compressor on the bike

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So is there a shock that you to could set without having to change every you go from 1 up to 2 up and back

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: just purchased progressive 444 12" shocks, hoping to set them in between 1 and 2 up.buddy does it with his cvo shocks, so hopefully it will work. Question is if i like these , i will be selling stock 12" airs, so how do you ship the air shocks without having oil run out pf them?

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Update: just purchased progressive 444 12" shocks, hoping to set them in between 1 and 2 up.buddy does it with his cvo shocks, so hopefully it will work. Question is if i like these , i will be selling stock 12" airs, so how do you ship the air shocks without having oil run out pf them?
use a brass fitting cap that you can find at lowes, home depot, etc....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not to sound dumb but were does this brass cap go

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I run the Progressive 940s. I do have to tip my shocks out, but I don't remove them. The have a Knurled top cap, so gripping them is easy, and they have graduation lines on them so setting them both the same is easy. I rest the saddlebag against my leg but leave them on the bottom support. Not to difficult.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I dont adjust them ever.... maybe is should try and see how i like it...

I ride two up with and without a tourpack and solo all the time. Mine must have a lot of pressure in them because i rarely, if ever, bottom out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts