Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my RG about 3 weeks ago and dropped the back with the lowering brackets. Well these are adjustable, and I went with the second hole. The stance is perfect and I'm flat footed. The problem is that even when riding solo the bike bottoms out on rough roads and pot holes.
My question is, what is the stock shock length, and can I get shocks to replace the lowering brackets so ill have some semblance of suspension and remain the same hight I'm at now?
I believe I dropped it 2 inches with these brackets.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
RGS is 12" the RGU is 13"

I want to drop my rear an inch just for stance. But have avoided those blocks. Been looking at airride. I'm not short. Just like the look. And I can adjust it on the fly.

Reactions: BigHD1

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I just got my RG about 3 weeks ago and dropped the back with the lowering brackets. Well these are adjustable, and I went with the second hole. The stance is perfect and I'm flat footed. The problem is that even when riding solo the bike bottoms out on rough roads and pot holes.
My question is, what is the stock shock length, and can I get shocks to replace the lowering brackets so ill have some semblance of suspension and remain the same hight I'm at now?
I believe I dropped it 2 inches with these brackets.
Thanks
You may find once you get use to the bike that you dont need the lowering blocks. Are the shocks adjustable? You may need to crank them up a little to stiffen them up so your not bottoming out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts