Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone . After a rough year I'm crawling back in the saddle to finish my bike . I had a question about putting speakers in the saddlebags . My question is what's the best way to mount the 6x9's in the bags . Let me rephrase that .... should I bolt them right to the inside of the bag or build up something in between the bag and speaker . Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
They can be bolted right on if you an on installing one 6x9 in each bag. Mount it as vertical as you can to save space in your bag. You can drill nickel size hole in the same pattern as your speaker. Hope that help.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hello everyone . After a rough year I'm crawling back in the saddle to finish my bike . I had a question about putting speakers in the saddlebags . My question is what's the best way to mount the 6x9's in the bags . Let me rephrase that .... should I bolt them right to the inside of the bag or build up something in between the bag and speaker . Thanks in advance
a typical 6x9 will fit perfectly towards the rear of the saddlebag facing inwards if that's what you're referring to. As for spacing them out, that all depends on the speaker you're using as some, the rubber surround protrudes out past the frame and moreso when the speaker is in motion.

As for drilling nickel sized holes in your bags.. I would not do that personally. That big of holes (.8") only serves 2 purposes, weaken the structure of your bag, and allow water in. Drill a bunch of smaller holes, 1/4" is plenty large enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts