Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 RGC-with-boom audio front speakers and amp as well as the iPod thing in the saddlebag. The front speakers are plenty loud and I find my self even lowering them occasionally (thanks to my madstad windshield) but--there's no bottom or bass to speak of. I like the way the HD lids (CVO) look. My question is, will I hear any real bass using these types of lids (I realize I will need another amp in addition to the speakers) or will I need bigger lids for bigger speakers? Also, in the end, will I be able to hear/feel bass @ 80mph on the super slab? Is it worth the expense?

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
At 80mph the rear speakers will only benefit your passenger, and no, you won't feel the bass. Are they worth it is a matter of opinion, I have 4 rear speakers and I love it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
when I put a detach kit on my bike(FLTRU) I coiled up the wires and wondered if I would miss the rear speakers....nope. fronts are what I hear, I asked my wife if she noticed a difference and she said no.

I will say that im keeping the speakers mounted as they kind of add to the "cozy bucket seat" aspect of the ultras rear seat.

·
Super Moderator
12,331 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts