Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
It does do something. It has a spring. It helps hold the sprung weight of the bike. It just doesn't help with adding more preload.

·
Registered
29 Posts
From what I’ve read, due to the rigidity of the rear swing arm they only need to make one adjustable. The same principle of a mono shock. Adjusting the one effectively increases the spring preloaded but like most would think there is an unbalanced effect but has no issue do to the design of the suspension as a whole.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Maybe if they put preload on BOTH sides the rear suspension would not Suck as much as it does?

Ooops, did that sound bitter? :grin:
no you correct on the SUCK, just do like I and many others on here did, take off the OEM rear JUNK and Throw in the garbage, order Aftermarket and never have your Spine compressed again

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
no you correct on the SUCK, just do like I and many others on here did, take off the OEM rear JUNK and Throw in the garbage, order Aftermarket and never have your Spine compressed again
TY I did, my super shox are going on their 3rd RG shortly!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
X2!
my L5 is still thanking me for the upgrade :grin:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Though only one side is adjusted for pre-load, the other side still takes on weight for balance. It seems to me that one side would still be under greater stress, but I'm not an engineer. In my opinion, if you are running low weight and not pushing the limits of the bike you can get by with them. I personally have purchased a superior suspension, but I probably could have gotten by if I wanted to wait longer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
[/quote]

TY I did, my super shox are going on their 3rd RG shortly![/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about ordering some super shox next month. Did you go with the 14 inch and lowering blocks?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I upgraded to Ohlins (best choice I ever made), instructions clearly say to set the preload on both...seems intuitive to me that you need equal response from both shocks...

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
TY I did, my super shox are going on their 3rd RG shortly![/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about ordering some super shox next month. Did you go with the 14 inch and lowering blocks?[/QUOTE]

Sorry just catching up, 13".

·
Registered
540 Posts
Man oh Man!!!!! We need to get a group buy together for some of these more commonly ordered items around here. Maybe @Smarty, can put together something for Ohlins or Brian would be willing to do something for the Super Shox crowd.....

TY I did, my super shox are going on their 3rd RG shortly!
I'm thinking about ordering some super shox next month. Did you go with the 14 inch and lowering blocks?[/QUOTE]

Sorry just catching up, 13".[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
132 Posts
I went with 13” and then a month or so later decided to go with the 14” with the blocks. I have an ultra so a little more bang on big bumps, mostly crappy transitions from road to bridges.
The 13” were good but with the 14” I can have a much more plush ride and not bottom out. The blocks he provides are good looking like his shocks.
Brian is great to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Stock Shocks

On the stock shocks, the left side is adjustable for compression and the right side set is for rebound.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts