Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I have a 2016 Street glide and needing a new rear tire. Looking at converting over to a car tire, but can't find anything for a conversion chart. Can anyone help me with the size or a conversion chart? :confused:

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Guys,
I have a 2016 Street glide and needing a new rear tire. Looking at converting over to a car tire, but can't find anything for a conversion chart. Can anyone help me with the size or a conversion chart? :confused:
Whats a Street Glide?:serious:

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I just went to the darkside at the beginning of the season approx 4k miles ago and I'm very pleased with it. I used a 195-55-16 general gmax tire.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Down here we call them a "Me Too", because if you hang around the bar at Hooters, or Twin Peaks long enough on a Friday night you're bound to see the from the boxers on out Harley crowd gathering and sooner or later you'll hear...
"So What are you riding?"
"A Street Glide."
"No shit...Me Too!"
I thought “Me Too” was guys on fork mounted fairings saying...”Man I was holding onto my bars for dear life while that Asshat on that Road Glide passed us with ease & with one hand on the bars.”
“No shit..Me Too!” :)

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Hows does it corner?
it takes a little getting used to but its not bad at all. following my buddies in the corners and in fact pushing them through those corners they never knew i had the car tire on it. i never once felt like i was in danger of going down because of the tire. i had to play with the air pressure a little bit but that's just a matter of preference. it took me a couple years of contemplating whether or not to try a car tire but I'm glad i did.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Hows does it corner?
it takes a little getting used to but its not bad at all. following my buddies in the corners and in fact pushing them through those corners they never knew i had the car tire on it. i never once felt like i was in danger of going down because of the tire. i had to play with the air pressure a little bit but that's just a matter of preference. it took me a couple years of contemplating whether or not to try a car tire but I'm glad i did.
Thank you for the response. I’ll definitely consider it. I just put a commander 2 on so I’ll see what it looks like in a year.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thank you for the response. I’ll definitely consider it. I just put a commander 2 on so I’ll see what it looks like in a year.
It's not an approved motorcycle tire. in the unlikely event that you crashed, your insurance could deny your claim if they found that car tire. Just saying...

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
It's not an approved motorcycle tire. in the unlikely event that you crashed, your insurance could deny your claim if they found that car tire. Just saying...
That’s a good point. Not in any hurry but I’ll ask my agent. He’s a riding buddy and writes all the POB’s.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Guys,
Just don't. For many reasons. Get an approved, MC specific tire.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I just went to the darkside at the beginning of the season approx 4k miles ago and I'm very pleased with it. I used a 195-55-16 general gmax tire.
I am in no way trying to be a dick, but why. Is it about looks or is there some other benefit I am not aware of?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am in no way trying to be a dick, but why. Is it about looks or is there some other benefit I am not aware of?[/QUOTE]

Are you sure your not trying to be a dick?

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I am in no way trying to be a dick, but why. Is it about looks or is there some other benefit I am not aware of?
Like already mentioned it's cost and tire life. I'm tired of spending $4/500 on a set of tires that last anywhere from 10 to 18k miles. If you research it, the Honda goldwing riders are getting up to 30k miles plus on a car tire for a quarter of the price. I paid $67 for my tire. I spent about 2 years researching it because like everyone that's against it I was skeptical about it. I have approximately 7k miles on the car tire and I haven't spontaneously combusted. People that have never tried it are the first to say don't. It's pretty simple really, if you're afraid to try it and don't have any experience with it don't knock it.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I have put over 50k on the dark side all over the country with no issues even the Tail Of The Dragon last year at Shark Week.. If you know how to ride a bike It doesn't matter what's on it for a tire... I was running a Good Year Eagle GT...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts