Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK WTF, i have a new rear light bar/plate holder powder coated and attempting to install it but i cant get the cover off of the back of the tribar to unhook the wire, any fill this idiot in please

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it unplugs under the cover on the tribar. Seems easy enough just pop off the cover and unplug the damn thing. No luck, its going to piss me off if I have to pull the rear wheel in order to get more room.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It is a real pain to get back there but you can do it without pulling the rear wheel. Do you have a shop manual? I pulled the rear fender off to get to mine. I sent my rear tail light bar to Jetman for powder coating and I had to take the rear fender off to cleanly take that whole tail light section apart. If you have a manual it shows you how to do it but it is super tight between the tire and the light... I just pulled the fender off to give me more room to work.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
If you have a motorcycle jack lift it up and remove the lower shock bolts on both sides. That will give you enough room to stick your hand in

·
Registered
333 Posts
If you have a motorcycle jack lift it up and remove the lower shock bolts on both sides. That will give you enough room to stick your hand in
Did the same. Patience

1 - 8 of 8 Posts