Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive looked every where for the factory radio pin out for the 2015 RGS. Does anyone have one? I was kicking around the notion of trying to tie in a rear view camera to the factory boom touch screen radio.

Just wondering if anyone else had looked into this?

Thanks,
Erik

·
Registered
519 Posts
actually think it's a useful idea not just for backing up
flip it on for freeway use as well- wondered about this idea sometime ago myself
I'm sure back when before rear view mirrors were invented for cars someone thought it was a silly idea too..go tech...good luck...

·
Registered
498 Posts
This isn't a terrible idea. Ducati's Mike Hailwood replica prototype had a rear view camera instead of mirrors. The feature didn't make it to the production bikes but I think that had more to do with DOT rules.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I guess I could see a use for it to keep from bumping a curb with a multi thousand dollar custom rear end. even then it would have to be completely hidden. If not it would look hideous IMHO. Just not worth the coin I'm thinking.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I know a guy that rigged up an auto zone wireless camera and screen to his bike. It was a crotch rocket so he didn't have a screen to begin with.

I think there's a lot of pros to it but one con I have is that I think it would take your eyes off the road too much. I can't tell you how many times I've caught myself looking at my GPS map for too long when my eyes should be on the road in front of me. Just food for thought.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have a rear view camera and back up sensors on my 15RG , but I have a aftermarket head unit and custom bags and rear fender.....I only use it when I'm backing (have a separate switch to activate it ) up to park my bike against a NYC curb, not trying to damage anything

If you zoom in u will see the camera directly under my tag and u can see one of the sensors ( there are 2 ) once I drop the rear (Arnott air ride ) then I can back up and the reverse sensors will alert me when I'm getting closer and I can watch it too

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a rear view camera mounted on my Hayabusa. It's mounted on a stem mount next to the radar detector. It's a small 3.5" monitor and the whole system cost less than $100 installed. It's ok to knock it until you try it.....

It doesn't replace rear view mirrors but it adds to them and grants you a greater range of vision. Zero blind spots between the left and right mirror And it's no more of a distraction or takes any longer to check the monitor vs checking a mirror or doing a visual head check. I like to use it especially when I'm in full tuck behind my screen. It allows me to see behind and other riders possibly approaching when @ high speeds. It's also useful in traffic as it allows you to see the approaching vehicles.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I CR helmet , is a new wave

iC-r , for $ 1,599.99
Cool product, I see where technology is going with helmets, safety, cameras, sensors, solar panels, speakers, proximity, etc. ouch!

That will be the last thing I ever buy, I get it, but NO WAY!
I ride to get rid of all that technology. No phones, no distractions, ok some music......:wink:
I can't imagine getting a phone call in my helmet.....it would debate decapitation.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Jeez...whatever happened to just riding, using your mirrors, turning your head and scanning your area and identifying trouble spots? Rely on your senses instead of gadgets; that's a key component and joy of riding...It seems everyone wants more technology on their bikes now-a-days; just get a convertible cage.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts