Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2016 RGS, with ABS and a stock 16" rear. Wheel. I want to put an 18" Harley Turbin wheel and install the ABS bearing out of my old wheel into the new one. What I was worried about is how the ABS system would react to the different wheel size. The Harley service guy said it should not be an issue since the ABS computer reads live data.

But I just want to hear other folks thoughts.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
You more than likely will be fine with the different size wheel but I too would recommend you install new bearings in the the new wheel. Plus it will give you an opportunity to put in better aftermarket bearings

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yes I had ABS on both bikes. When I put the wheels on the 09 i put new ABS bearings. When i traded in the 09 for the 15RGS i just had them swapp wheels.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
the stock front 16'', 17'', 18'' and even 19'' (cvo) wheels/tires are all virtually the same diameter due to the low profile of the larger tires, so won't make any difference.

for the rear, the 16'' is slightly smaller than the 18'', so your rear will be raised about 3/8". but it is not enough to adversely affect it. you are just basically using the cvo sized wheels/tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts