Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked into rebuilding a stock compensator using the SE spring pack (83936-09) to solve the issues with the stock compensator? Anyone know why it would not work? Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
The stock compensator has a different ramp angle then the SE compensator , the SE compensator has steeper ramps . The main problem with the stock compensator are the springs & putting stronger springs in the stock compensator would probably help some but the ramp angle is also a problem and contributes to the starter clunk & primary noise . If you take the stock compensator and compare it to a SE compensator you can see the difference , the SE compensator is much better built & a heavier duty part .
You have to take the primary off to work on the compensator so I would put on the SE compensator and know I have put on the better upgraded part that has a positive feed back from those that installed it or you can take a chance on beefing up the stock compensator with the possibly of having negative results IMO .

·
Registered
42 Posts
The rotor is different and will not interchange. On the stock one the spring pack is attached to the outside of the rotor anon the SE it is seperate.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just installed the SE Comp, in my 09 SERG and I have to say it makes a hugh improvement in starter noise and primary chatter. Its a good upgrade for all 07 up bikes. Doc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts