Road Glide banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Yep, got mine done last Monday. Quick & easy fix. Took them less than 10 minutes to put the new kit on. Keep in mind, this problem has been going on for almost 2 years. That's how long it took HD to finally issue the recall. From what I've heard, they were initially blaming the owners for not putting the bags on correctly, but when it started happening to bikes that were just rolling off the showroom floor, they decided to take another look. Turns out it was inferior manufacturing of the spring clip. They changed manufacturers in 2013 to pinch a penny.

Lil' Chief

·
Registered
302 Posts
Just had my 2015 done. All the replace is the insert that the fastener mates to. Super quick fix. Once I heard about the recall, I started checking before each ride. I never did notice the originals getting loose.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah I had mine done over the weekend as well. The dealership said that a guy on a CVO just lost a saddle bag from the defect. It blew off doing like 35mph..... Cost a couple grand to replace due to the special paint etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.